wakeboardguy82

6 posts in this topic

I have OSX 10.6.5 but I always have to boot with -f. If I dont boot with -f I get kernel Panic. Also if i run the update to update app I get kernel panic. what can I do to fix this.

Im using hazard OSX86 10.6.0-10.6.2 Intell/AMD

AMD Phenom 9600 BE

Biostar TA790GX A2+

2 gig ddr2 800mhz

WD 500g SATA HDD

HP SATA DVD

MSI Geforce VN210MD512 Video Card

Oh yeha if people have trobble installing with this board use a SATA DVD Drive and got to BIOS under chipset go to SB750 Option and select IDE->AHCI That fixed the still waiting for root device. I HAve my HDD on SATA Port 1 or 2 and DVD on port5. When I had HDD on port 6 it didnt work. I had that probelm for 3 days. Got SATA DVD and now i can boot to the ijnstaller every time with no problems. Use the Legecy kernel, AMD patch, THERE IS A CHIPSET FOR SB700 that works (ATIsomething) just read description. REALTEk R1000 Network. I used the SATA AHCI FIX And CMOS reset ELLIOT one. USB worked out of the box. Hope this helps somebody

Oh yeha if people have trobble installing with this board use a SATA DVD Drive and got to BIOS under chipset go to SB750 Option and select IDE->AHCI That fixed the still waiting for root device.

You're suppose to do that anyway (setting your SATA config to AHCI)

Yeah it's when it try to update apps with the system update. I'm not selecting the 10.6.6 update just apps. I just found out that I can install apps one buy one but the system update panics. I guess I don't need to update that way. Also i have been reading that the legacy kernel 10.6.6 is faster? What's faster? If I update to 10.6.6 will my OS be faster. Is it worth it. It took a lot of work to get where I'm at.

Also if there is problems to where I can't boot how do you use time machine to restore. I partitioned my hard drive and set up time machine to save to it. How do you access it if I have problems. That way I don't have to start all they way back at 10.6.2.