MSI 785GM -E51...IDE drive (DVD rom) causing issues

sandni99a

2 posts in this topic

SB710 is the chipset, I'm assuming, that runs the IDE channel...it's causing a lot of issues for me.

Whenever I put a disc in it says "Unable to read" or something of that nature. This is post installation. Everything is fine during the installing using the Empire 1.085 AMD boot disc.

Running the 10.6.0 legacy kernel.

I managed to get it working once but I'm not sure what I did...I was in the middle of messing around with other kexts and when I rebooted I saw the disc symbol on the desktop and I was able to access it.

Help in the right direct please. Thanks

SB710 is the chipset, I'm assuming, that runs the IDE channel...it's causing a lot of issues for me.

Whenever I put a disc in it says "Unable to read" or something of that nature. This is post installation. Everything is fine during the installing using the Empire 1.085 AMD boot disc.

Running the 10.6.0 legacy kernel.

I managed to get it working once but I'm not sure what I did...I was in the middle of messing around with other kexts and when I rebooted I saw the disc symbol on the desktop and I was able to access it.

Help in the right direct please. Thanks

I guess I'm the only one with this issue. I couldn't be bothered with it so I plugged the dvd in 3.5" HD external usb enclosure just to see if it worked...and it does. So basically I have to use a external dvd drive. Oh well, watchu gonna do.