Help With sound

nvega12575

2 posts in this topic

My specs are:

M4A88TD-v EVO/USB3

Phenom II X2 550 BE

4Gbs of DDR3 ram

XFX HD5770 Gfx card

I installed booting with Nawcom Mod CD 0.3.1 and using Iatkos S3 v2.

I used all the default options and added goopz 10.3.0 kernel and under drivers VIA SATA/IDE

and i removed all the sound drivers because they did not work for me. After it installs and you reboot with -v -f flags i updated to 10.6.6 using update combo 10.6.6 from apple and legacy kernel 10.6.0 and that got my gfx card working. then using kext helper 7b i install this kext for the onboard ethernet

http://www.kexts.com/view/513-realtek_rtl_...now_32-64k.html.

All i need is help to get the sound working. The board sound specs are Realtek ALC892. Can any body tell me were i can get a working kext? Also, for some reason i only can boot on 32bit. How can i make it boot in 64bit? And last, the 10.6.6 combo update got my gfx working but, Do i need to install extra kext to get it fully working? Any help will be appreciated.

I installed booting with Nawcom Mod CD 0.3.1 and using Iatkos S3 v2.

Using a boot CD to install a distro? redundant, isn't it?

now on with your audio... your audio is an "ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC"... have you tried the LegacyHDA.kext?

check this thread out.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225552