Some questions about DSDT

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I want to get rid of as many kexts as possible, so I've started patching my own DSDT. I've still got some kexts I can't seem to find a solution for:

1. FakeSMC, but I believe that this kext can't be avoided

2. EvOreboot

3. IOAHCIStorageInjector

4. AppleACPIPS2Nub and VoodooPS2Controller

5. VoodooBatttery

Are there any ways to 'add' these kexts to the DSDT? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I wish I knew.. I have some of these same kext and would love to find DSDT fixes for these.

I dont think DSDT modifications is far enough along in its development to address all of the issues it possibly can. Only the experts are able to reap all of the benefits doing mods for specific boards at this point. Not all of those mods have found there way to everyone else yet. Your only hope is to do some major googling and see if someone has posted a hint somewhere. Otherwise learn how the DSDT is laid out and track it down yourself.

Thanks for the reply. Too bad there's so little info available on DSDT. Even when you find a tutorial you've still got a fairly big chance that your DSDT looks completely different from the given example. Which makes sense when you think about it (at least when you know what a DSDT is) but can be troublesome when the differences are too great.