Asus P5n e sli + core 2 quad

gwmarthe

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!! I am trying a new install and running into some issues and wanted to see if anyone could help!

I was able to install retail 10.6.3 on my p5n e sli and now am having some issues, when I boot up and let OS load I get and X on the my hack page, when I i hit -v I get "still waiting for root device" I think I am getting this because I can't change my BIOS to AHCI mode, is that correct?

The only way I can boot the system up is by having the legacy empire efi cd in, any advice?

Also cannot get my video card to work and am still looking up solutions for that if anyone has any helpful links!

This is a clean install with no previous leopard installs on HDD, I read some posts about this motherboard but they were very detailed and tough for me to understand, please let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks again!!

Any suggestions?

Hey everyone!! I am trying a new install and running into some issues and wanted to see if anyone could help!

I was able to install retail 10.6.3 on my p5n e sli and now am having some issues, when I boot up and let OS load I get and X on the my hack page, when I i hit -v I get "still waiting for root device" I think I am getting this because I can't change my BIOS to AHCI mode, is that correct?

The only way I can boot the system up is by having the legacy empire efi cd in, any advice?

Also cannot get my video card to work and am still looking up solutions for that if anyone has any helpful links!

This is a clean install with no previous leopard installs on HDD, I read some posts about this motherboard but they were very detailed and tough for me to understand, please let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks again!!