Need help installing updates on hackintosh

Mr.Mac Help

3 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Insanely Mac Users, I have come across what seems to be a Kernel Panic. I have tried updating to 10.6.6 not software update, then when I restart my hackintosh the spinny wheel doesn't come up. I tried verbose but nothing came up on the screen. Then, I reinstalled my Hazard SSE2/SSE3 Intel/AMD 10.6.2. Then, I tried it again with 10.6.5 and the same thing happened. Did it to 10.6.4 and 3 the same thing happens.Please Help Me. I have an HP a6200n with an AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ With NVidia GeForce 9500GT Zotac. Thank you all in advance.No other distro works for me.

By the way: Awesome forum!

Hello fellow Insanely Mac Users, I have come across what seems to be a Kernel Panic. I have tried updating to 10.6.6 not software update, then when I restart my hackintosh the spinny wheel doesn't come up. I tried verbose but nothing came up on the screen. Then, I reinstalled my Hazard SSE2/SSE3 Intel/AMD 10.6.2. Then, I tried it again with 10.6.5 and the same thing happened. Did it to 10.6.4 and 3 the same thing happens.Please Help Me. I have an HP a6200n with an AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ With NVidia GeForce 9500GT Zotac. Thank you all in advance.No other distro works for me.

By the way: Awesome forum!

After a bit of searching I believe this to be an error with the kernel and legacy amd kernel which your using. I place it below and its also here

MacOS X 10.6.6 update is out

Apple has released the newest update for OSX , which is MacOS X 10.6.6 and it includes the Mac App Store. If you’re thinking of upgrading your hackint0sh , feel free to follow my simple instructions. I am making it simple. To keep it short , its pretty same as upgrading to 10.6.5 , which I recommend you to read first

Things which have changed in OSX 10.6.6 :-

1. New Mac App Store

2. Improved nvidia drivers ( yes finally my World of Warcraft is pretty smooth on my MacBook Pro) but sadly it breaks compatibility with Fermi

IMPORTANT Notice : Please make sure that you’re downloading the updater from Apple’s site and not via software updater

UPDATE : 10.6.6 kernel is out and updated instructions for AMD/Legacy intel users ! , click here to read about it

(more after the jump)

If your system is vanilla (aka you’ve used nawcom modCD , you’re using Intel Core processors and you’ve upgraded OSX 10.6.x to 10.6.5 without any problems)

The update is very safe. Feel free to install it

If your system is vanilla and you are using NVidia GeForce 4xx series card

You’ll have to re-install your Geforce 4xx drivers

If you’re using legacy kernel + legacy USB drivers (i.e upgraded to 10.6.5 and used a fixed USB driver and a fixed kernel). This is applicable for Intel Atom users as well

Simple reuse your legacy kernel

For VMWare users , please check out nawcom’s blog for details.

Also on howtohackintosh.tumblr.com there is a link to download Empire EFI which is a good method to install Snow Leopard, at least better than using your hazard disc :wacko:

After a bit of searching I believe this to be an error with the kernel and legacy amd kernel which your using. I place it below and its also here

MacOS X 10.6.6 update is out

Apple has released the newest update for OSX , which is MacOS X 10.6.6 and it includes the Mac App Store. If you’re thinking of upgrading your hackint0sh , feel free to follow my simple instructions. I am making it simple. To keep it short , its pretty same as upgrading to 10.6.5 , which I recommend you to read first

Things which have changed in OSX 10.6.6 :-

1. New Mac App Store

2. Improved nvidia drivers ( yes finally my World of Warcraft is pretty smooth on my MacBook Pro) but sadly it breaks compatibility with Fermi

IMPORTANT Notice : Please make sure that you’re downloading the updater from Apple’s site and not via software updater

UPDATE : 10.6.6 kernel is out and updated instructions for AMD/Legacy intel users ! , click here to read about it

(more after the jump)

If your system is vanilla (aka you’ve used nawcom modCD , you’re using Intel Core processors and you’ve upgraded OSX 10.6.x to 10.6.5 without any problems)

The update is very safe. Feel free to install it

If your system is vanilla and you are using NVidia GeForce 4xx series card

You’ll have to re-install your Geforce 4xx drivers

If you’re using legacy kernel + legacy USB drivers (i.e upgraded to 10.6.5 and used a fixed USB driver and a fixed kernel). This is applicable for Intel Atom users as well

Simple reuse your legacy kernel

For VMWare users , please check out nawcom’s blog for details.

Also on howtohackintosh.tumblr.com there is a link to download Empire EFI which is a good method to install Snow Leopard, at least better than using your hazard disc :)

Tried it, but after it loads it just stays at a light blue screen. Please help again?

tried it but it just goes to a light blue screen after the boot then it just remains there