No USB mouse/keyboard during install

firebush05

4 posts in this topic

{censored}. I can't get my USB mouse (wireless logitech G7) and USB keyboard (wireless memorex) to work after booting the OSX install disk. I don't want to go buy a PS2 mouse keyboard just to install OSX 10.4.6. I've tried messing with the legacy MS/KB bios settings to no avail. Is there any way around this that I'm missing? Did the 'creators' of the 10.4.6 install discs really forget to include USB mouse and keyboard support during install? :D

This is almost as bad as when I was forced to buy a floppy drive just to install one Sata driver for XP...

{censored}. I can't get my USB mouse (wireless logitech G7) and USB keyboard (wireless memorex) to work after booting the OSX install disk. I don't want to go buy a PS2 mouse keyboard just to install OSX 10.4.6. I've tried messing with the legacy MS/KB bios settings to no avail. Is there any way around this that I'm missing? Did the 'creators' of the 10.4.6 install discs really forget to include USB mouse and keyboard support during install? :)

This is almost as bad as when I was forced to buy a floppy drive just to install one Sata driver for XP...

No one else has this problem? Do you all have PS2 keyboards and mice? Has anyone installed 10.4.6.install.dvd.iso using a USB keyboard/mouse? Maybe its just this release..

Ahh, forget it. I'm going to go out and buy a cheap PS2 mouse keyboard... :):wallbash: :wallbash: <_<

• 3 months later...

I installed 10.4.8 and during install the keyboard (PS2) and mouse (USB) were recognised OK.

Now on final setup, I get to the Welcome screen "In just a few steps, you can....." however the OS does not accept any input from the keyboard or the mouse.

I am using a boot manager (Acronis), and the keyboard and mouse are recognised OK to select the OS boot. But as soon as the Mac OS boots it does not accept and input.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.