pro tools 9 not working

frostit

5 posts in this topic

I have snow leopard 10.6.6 running smoothly it starts up quick, sleeps, wakes up, and shuts down perfectly, and the geekbench is over 12,000 at 4ghz. im using this in my recording studio, I can get pro tools to install perfectly but it wont run because it cant see the ilok, I spent all day trying to get it working so im done wasting my time with it so any input would be great thanks Amzie

• 1 month later...
I have snow leopard 10.6.6 running smoothly it starts up quick, sleeps, wakes up, and shuts down perfectly, and the geekbench is over 12,000 at 4ghz. im using this in my recording studio, I can get pro tools to install perfectly but it wont run because it cant see the ilok, I spent all day trying to get it working so im done wasting my time with it so any input would be great thanks Amzie

Hi

I have the same problem, I used the patch on my purchased 9 to confirm the software worked properly, as far as I can tell it is a ILOK USB interface issue

When I spoke to AVID about it, they said to try an old dongle but mine went under a bus (hence the reason for an ILOK2) - their dealer said PT9 does not work with a hackintosh but it does with the AVX patch.

I would recommend you try the patch first to confirm your machine can work with PT9 and then look into the problem at your own speed.

Asking AVID or a dealer is only going to lead to trouble and most probably some arrogance on their part.

As you have purchased protools, AVID cannot complain if you are using a patch to get it working - can they... after all you have spent a good £300 if you also bought a new ILOK on top of the software.

Remeber the AVX patch is like an external boot loader, it needs to be deleted and re-installed every time you want to use PT9 - I know its a pain but you cannot have everything.

Have fun

Chris

Most likely neither one of you has done the work to correct your systems through the DSDT file. There is a hack you have to make in that file in order to have your USB ports show up as internal or builtin to the OSX system and then ProTools runs fine. Running perfectly over here, although I am on Protools 8, not 9. If 8 works for you and not 9, then I'm not sure.

• 4 weeks later...
Most likely neither one of you has done the work to correct your systems through the DSDT file. There is a hack you have to make in that file in order to have your USB ports show up as internal or builtin to the OSX system and then ProTools runs fine. Running perfectly over here, although I am on Protools 8, not 9. If 8 works for you and not 9, then I'm not sure.

I had the same problem but with a plugin I just bought that is iLok2 only.

It is not my USB patch, because it used to work with my iLok1 without any problems.

Check this out:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...185&start=0

• 2 months later...