Black screen coming out of sleep

jdrafke1

4 posts in this topic

So i downloaded the sleepenabler kext for 10.6.6 from kexts.com. I am able to get the computer to go to sleep perfectly but when it wakes back up I am unable to get output from the video card. The monitor stays blank and it says out of range. I have a 4670 and everything is working fine except for this. I have also had a few occasions were I first boot up and click an application in the dock and loose the screen as well, the only way to get it back up and running is via a reset. Is this the sleepenabler or the graphics cards? And is there a fix to this?

Check out what version of SleepEnabler you are download (32 or 64 bit) .. You have to choose this one who is for your x86 or x86_64 system.. I`m with HD4670 also.. I`m with chameleon boot loader and boot with "GraphicsEnabler"="Yes".. I use SleepEnabler (32bit) for 10.6.6 from kexts.com and everything works perfectly.. I dont use any modified kext for the Video ..

You can tell us what MacOS you use .. Retail or Distro, for better help ..

Well i am booting in 32 bit mode according to the about my Mac info. I downloaded to different kexts, and tried each one individually with the same results. One is suppose to be 32/64 bit compatible, the other is only 32 bit. Both kexts put the computer into sleep mode, but when it wakes I have no monitor output, just a black screen. Have to do a reset in order to get monitor back. I am using a retail copy of SL with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method. I have also experienced a problem where i boot up, everything is fine, and then I click an application and loose the monitor. It doesnt happen all the time, only once in a while. Have you experienced this with your 4670? I am also using only graphicsenabler=yes, no other modified video kexts.

I tried using the modified kexts for video dvi out on kexts.com as well with no results. The computer still goes to sleep fine, but coming out of sleep I have no monitor output. My gpu fan spins at 100% rpm all the time, so sleep mode is important for me when not active. Please help.