10.4.7 issues

mutahir

3 posts in this topic

Hello All,

First of all many Thanks to all of the tech Pro's here which made it possible for PC Users to taste the power of OSX. I have been following guidlines and seeking help thru these forums and now I am successfully running Mac OSx 10.4.7 (VIA JAS UPDATE).

Problem is : Since I installed 10.4.7 update over 10.4.6, everything was working fine but twice i rebooted without shutting the operating system down properly. When I got back into OSX, and as soon as I click on any app sometimes it opens or sometimes it just shows the APPLE color wheel (thinking sign) and nothing happens, virtually the machine HANGS.

I then rebooted it by pressing the button on my pc, then logged in as root and used disk utility and repaired and verfiied permissions, restarted properly then it worked fine, but today when i rebooted properly into OSx its still the same problem, root user seem to work fine .

any help???

Much appreciated.

Regards

Mutahir

PS : My Machine is as follows : Dell Dimension 5000 Series, Intel i915 Motherboard, Intel GMA900 Graphics, SATA HDD (works fine) Dual boot with winxp

I think I installed the decrypted ones as well,

i have forgotten but my mind is inclined that I did installed,

could u please explain either case that what to do if I did and what to do if i didnt.

Regards

Mutahir