How to make ISO bootable?

Pmaw10

6 posts in this topic

I don't know what's going on here. I downloaded the Hazaard distro of snow leopard...twice. Both times I open it up with Magic ISO it says its non bootable. Is there something wrong with BOTH ISO's i've downloaded? It makes no sense because I have downloaded, burned and installed this same iso before but now I can't. Anyone have any ideas?

I read a tutorial and I found out its not supposed to say that it is "bootable" in magic iso. So the problem lies elsewhere? All I know is magiciso won't let me burn the iso as it says "No cd-r disc in" when in fact there is a blank DVD in. My computer recognizes the blank DVD as does several other programs. I have tried burning the iso with imgburner and nero. These useless DVDs just keep on piling up. When I am in windows, I put the DVD I JUST burned into the drive and my computer doesn't recognize it at all, nor does it boot when I restart (and yes, my DVD drive is at the top of my boot priority list) I am befuddled.

I don't know what's going on here. I downloaded the Hazaard distro of snow leopard...twice. Both times I open it up with Magic ISO it says its non bootable. Is there something wrong with BOTH ISO's i've downloaded? It makes no sense because I have downloaded, burned and installed this same iso before but now I can't. Anyone have any ideas?

It isn't. At least not while Windows is your primary OS.

You need to burn it to a DVD anyway, then download a bootloader ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Pirate EFI-X or Empire EFI).

Burn one of the bootloaders onto a CD or DVD, (so a total of 2 discs), then boot from one of the bootloaders. Once it has finished loading and displays the drives from which you can boot from, eject the bootloader disc, and insert your Snow Leopard distro... wait a bit, then press f5. Select your Snow Leopard disc in the GUI, then install.

It isn't. At least not while Windows is your primary OS.

You need to burn it to a DVD anyway, then download a bootloader ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Pirate EFI-X or Empire EFI).

Burn one of the bootloaders onto a CD or DVD, (so a total of 2 discs), then boot from one of the bootloaders. Once it has finished loading and displays the drives from which you can boot from, eject the bootloader disc, and insert your Snow Leopard distro... wait a bit, then press f5. Select your Snow Leopard disc in the GUI, then install.

Just tried that and same problem. Computer doesn't recognize the DVD in Windows or when booting up, it just goes straight into windows. My DVD burner must be screwed up.

Hazard is a distro/hacked DVD, it already has a bootloader on it. He doesn't need a boot CD.