Help getting USB ports working?

RamosDevil

7 posts in this topic

I just installed Snow Leopard on my HP Pavilion dv4-1220us laptop. I've got a decent amount of things working (sound, PS/2 trackpad, keyboard, etc) but have other kexts I need to install to get everything running right. The problem is, I would like to transfer those kexts from my PC to the laptop via my USB thumb drive, but none of my USB ports are recognized in Snow Leopard. Any idea what could be causing the problem? Thanks in advance!

Model: HP Pavilion dv4-1220us

Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7350

Graphics: Intel GMA X4500

RAM: 4GB

Causes of no USB:

1. maybe u updated from 10.6.x to 10.6.6 without backing up your IOUSBfamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorage.kext from 10.6.4

2. Legacy USB on bios is not on?

3. look @ # 1 again.

I did not back up my IOUSBfamily.kext nor my IOUSBMassStorage.kext from 10.6.4. Can I download these from a 3rd party or do these kexts differ from system to system? Also, there is no Legacy USB option in my BIOS. Thanks!

I did not back up my IOUSBfamily.kext nor my IOUSBMassStorage.kext from 10.6.4. Can I download these from a 3rd party or do these kexts differ from system to system? Also, there is no Legacy USB option in my BIOS. Thanks!

Option 1 - Download 10.64 update from the Apple site and extract the kexts with "Pacifist"

Option 2 - Search the forum in the 10.6.6 threads, there are lots, I have seen posts with those kexts attached.

Option 3 - kexts.com

Option 1 - Download 10.64 update from the Apple site and extract the kexts with "Pacifist"

Option 2 - Search the forum in the 10.6.6 threads, there are lots, I have seen posts with those kexts attached.

Option 3 - kexts.com

I searched kexts.com for the two, and found them here:

http://www.kexts.com/view/235-hp_pavilion_...ard_10.5.x.html

I installed both using Kext Helper. I then rebooted my system, but the USB ports still don't work. These kexts were supposedly perfect for my laptop (HP Pavilion series) but no dice. :X

uhmm did you read what it's for? it's for LEOPARD, not SNOW LEOPARD... search again

I suppose I didn't. Strangely, I seem to have gotten a single USB slot to work on the left side of my computer - it is a combination USB/eSATA port. The dedicated USB slots on the right side of my machine do not work, however.