Mouse Lag on intel gma950

jstevenson1

9 posts in this topic

Okay so im very close to having my hackintosh perfect but my only gripe is that im suffering from infamous mouse lag in itunes and quicktime. I have tried just about everything to solve this issue : voodoops2controller, i deleted appleupstreamclient from my extension, i even tried the disabler but with no luck in either category. Im running an hp pavilion a2160n with the gma950 graphics chip. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Okay so im very close to having my hackintosh perfect but my only gripe is that im suffering from infamous mouse lag in. I have tried just about everything to solve this issue : voodoops2controller, i deleted appleupstreamclient from my extension, i even tried the disabler but with no luck in either category. Im running an hp pavilion a2160n with the gma950 graphics chip. any help would be appreciated. thanks

If your mouse is fine apart from itunes and quicktime then it is a video problem not ps2 controller.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

Try this DSDT editor, there is even a video for new users. You need the DTGP & GMA950 fixes. Use vanilla kexts. Works for Snow Leopard and I assume for Leopard. You don't say what version of OS x you are running.

Im sorry, but im new to this and dont know much if anything about dsdt editor or aml files and their purpose. Is there anywhere i an look to find out a little more about this process. Thanks again :)

Did you watch the video, it shows you how to extract, patch & compile the dsdt. And I gave you the patches you would need.

The dsdt.aml is put in either the root of your hard drive or in the extra folder. It is read by the bootloader, usually Chameleon.

What is a dsdt and how does it work & why it is used on a Hackintosh : You can google.

This only advice to try if you want to. If you try and it doesn't work and you have an un-bootable system then you have some choices to get back to where you are now

1- remove dsdt.aml via single user mode http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1562361

2- boot from a bootable backup & remove dsdt

3- reinstall .........(Again you did not say how you installed. If it was a DISTRO, IMO if you use a distro install without drivers (kextss) except the basics to boot, then install the video, audio, lan. wireless later.)