Kernel panic while update 10.6 -> 10.6.5

Mrkoek

11 posts in this topic

Hai

I'm dutch so my english is not that good.

Problem in vid:

Vid 1 of the KP while update

Vid 2 of the KP while update

Youtube links

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get snow leopard 10.6 on my asus k52jc

Specs:

Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 450M 2.26 GHz

ChipsetMobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SODIMM

NVIDIANVIDIA® GeForce® G 310M, 1GB DDR3 VRAM

Wireless: 802.11n

640GB ,5400rpm

My problem:

I don't have internet on it, thats why it need to update it to 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 would be great ^^

But: when i try to update, near the end of the update i get an KP..

And then i have to reinstall the whole thing over again.

I've been searchin 3 days for any option on the internet and i've already installed mac os x 10.6 like 16 times.

I'll hope that we can find a solution?

Greetings

Bart

;)

Hai

First, its centered because this text place is not compatible with iphone. Sorry

I'm dutch too so my english is not that good.

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get snow leopard 10.6 on my asus k52jc

Specs:

Cpu: i5 450M

Vga: nVidia GeForce 1gb

Hdd: 640 gb

Memory: 4gb

Wireless: 802.11n

My problem:

I don't have internet on it, thats why it need to update it to 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 would be great ^^

But: when i try to update, near the end of the update i get an KP..

And then i have to reinstall the whole thing over again.

I've been searchin 3 days for any option on the internet and i've already installed mac os x 10.6 like 16 times.

I'll hope that we can find a solution?

Greetings

Bart

:)

Any clarification on what Kernel Panic your getting. Could be as simple as removing the SleepEnabler.kext if you used it from 10.6.5, to whatever kext its panic'ing on.

Any clarification on what Kernel Panic your getting. Could be as simple as removing the SleepEnabler.kext if you used it from 10.6.5, to whatever kext its panic'ing on.

I installed snow leopard 10.6 and i try to update to 10.6.5.

But at the end of the update i get an kernel panic, do you know why?

I've already tryd to clear the cache, repair the permissions and i deleted Sleepenabler, if you could help me, would be great ^^ to...

Ok, so at the end of installing the 10.6.5 update your system panics -

With what little info we have to go on here I'd take a stab in the dark to find out if your overclocking at all. I've had cases where a seemingly solid overclock falls victim to a installer or other 3rd party app or OS update, but everything else runs great.

May want to double check memory timings because the system BIOS can 'auto' a lot of things and goof up performance/reliablity.

Stab in the dark 2: If you running a legacy kernel vs. vanilla, are in 32bit, and have more than 3GB of memory. You're getting a memory panic because you have more memory than the OS can support. You could try removing memory over 2GB or 3GB just to see if you get thru it.

3rd option would involve getting a feel for what setup you're running in your Extra folder i.e. your own DSDT or other, what Extensions etc... and troubleshooting that.

Hope it helps...

I installed snow leopard 10.6 and i try to update to 10.6.5.

But at the end of the update i get an kernel panic, do you know why?

I've already tryd to clear the cache, repair the permissions and i deleted Sleepenabler, if you could help me, would be great ^^ to...

Ok, so at the end of installing the 10.6.5 update your system panics -

With what little info we have to go on here I'd take a stab in the dark to find out if your overclocking at all. I've had cases where a seemingly solid overclock falls victim to a installer or other 3rd party app or OS update, but everything else runs great.

May want to double check memory timings because the system BIOS can 'auto' a lot of things and goof up performance/reliablity.

Stab in the dark 2: If you running a legacy kernel vs. vanilla, are in 32bit, and have more than 3GB of memory. You're getting a memory panic because you have more memory than the OS can support. You could try removing memory over 2GB or 3GB just to see if you get thru it.

3rd option would involve getting a feel for what setup you're running in your Extra folder i.e. your own DSDT or other, what Extensions etc... and troubleshooting that.

Hope it helps...

Its a fresh install, so nothing happened jet... its all standard.

I definitely gonna try to take 2 GB rams away.

I've still got the standard BIOS from ASUS, i dunno what to do with it x), EasyOverclocking is Disabled.

Ty for this, now gonna try it again x)

*EDIT*

2Gb rams away didn't solve the problem x(

When it panic's if there is any discernible information about a "kext" failing that might point to problem. I know 10.6.4+ updated their AudioHDA.kext among others. May be some dependency when its registering/rebuilding the Extensions thats triggering it, but again I'm guessing a bit there.

Any custom built box with stock BIOS settings is going to be a mixed bag. Your memory is going to have its advertised timings and voltages. Like the stuff I'm on now is 7-8-8-24, and my BIOS default thought it was 8-8-8-19. BIOS are also going to do that same 'auto' detection on the rest of the settings on the CPU and if somethings a little off its going to become apparent when you stress the system. I'd eyeball that a bit since running in 'auto' has always lead to performance issues unless you're on a Dell :(

Its a fresh install, so nothing happened jet... its all standard.

I definitely gonna try to take 2 GB rams away.

I've still got the standard BIOS from ASUS, i dunno what to do with it x), EasyOverclocking is Disabled.

Ty for this, now gonna try it again x)

*EDIT*

2Gb rams away didn't solve the problem x(

When it panic's if there is any discernible information about a "kext" failing that might point to problem. I know 10.6.4+ updated their AudioHDA.kext among others. May be some dependency when its registering/rebuilding the Extensions thats triggering it, but again I'm guessing a bit there.

Any custom built box with stock BIOS settings is going to be a mixed bag. Your memory is going to have its advertised timings and voltages. Like the stuff I'm on now is 7-8-8-24, and my BIOS default thought it was 8-8-8-19. BIOS are also going to do that same 'auto' detection on the rest of the settings on the CPU and if somethings a little off its going to become apparent when you stress the system. I'd eyeball that a bit since running in 'auto' has always lead to performance issues unless you're on a Dell ;)

Hmmm, and how can i fix it ? x(

is i possible to use a 10.6.6 backup from someone else's MacBook ?

Greetz

That's a tough one. You could try tossing a -v for verbose logging to see if you can get anything on a panic, but that looked like a hard restart. That was a normal OSX panic so I can understand not being able to pick up whats causing that.

You might want to give this post a look - http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...p;view=previous

Sounds like its a conflict with the Video.

That's a tough one. You could try tossing a -v for verbose logging to see if you can get anything on a panic, but that looked like a hard restart. That was a normal OSX panic so I can understand not being able to pick up whats causing that.

You might want to give this post a look - http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...p;view=previous

Sounds like its a conflict with the Video.

TY for searching :)

lets try that! looks workable ^^

Okay, 10.6.3 is installed and this afternoon i gonna try to update it to higher levels ^^

I hope i can reach 10.6.6 ^^ and network

Thx again ^^

EDIT:

updated to 10.6.5

THX to y'all!!

I've combinated

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...p;view=previous

and

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html

TY for searching :) lets try that! looks workable ^^