trying to get my dlink G630 to work under 10.4.6

5 posts in this topic

hey everyone. I'm trying to get my DWL-G630 card to work under OSx86 10.4.6. I know that it has the Atheros chipset, but I'm not sure how to get it functioning. The lights on the card don't come on and I can't configure it with the setup program. I have read in another related article:

Take IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkFamily.kext from 10.4.5 to get to work. Edit /Library/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist (see forum)

This was to get the G510 running...and I'm wondering if the same would work for the G630. The question I have is how to get the .kext files that they are talking about.

thanks

Well, what I did was install the Atheros drivers from the 10.4.5 update...that was based on a different thread. still not working.

As for editing the plist file the pci168c,1a was already there... so i didn't do anything.

also, the thread you gave was for the BRCM chipset, but i figured that was just a reference to the generic way to fix things for some given chipset. I have the Atheros...

So now I'm stuck again. I think I have the older IO80211 drivers, but they aren't working and I'm not sure what to do about it.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

So here is what I have so far. I tried the 10.4.5 drivers from the update package, and i edited the Info.Plist file to include the 168c,1a device, that didn't work.

I then tried reloading the 10.4.6 drivers from that update and edited that file...I changed permissions and rebooted, but still nothing. My next bet is to load up the 10.4.7 updated drivers and see if these do anything good for me.

Let me know if anyone has suggestions.

by the way this is what my console says;

2006-08-13 11:13:05.457 SystemUIServer[108] lang is:en

Aug 13 11:13:06 localhost mDNSResponder: Adding browse domain local.

Aug 13 11:13:07 localhost configd[53]: WirelessAirPortDeviceNameCopy(): no AirPort driver found

Aug 13 11:13:09 carl-engstroms-computer configd[53]: WirelessAirPortDeviceNameCopy(): no AirPort driver found

WirelessAttach: getInterfaceWithName failed

I'm not sure how to get into dmsg logs.