Snow Leopard 10.6.6 + HD4850

.     noskill!

1 post in this topic

Hey guys!

So, I have been lurking quite a while now in these boards. After a few years of experimenting over time, I have recently made the step of replacing my Windows 7 OS with OS X.

First, some hardware specifications:

Mainboard: Asus P5QL-E

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8200

RAM: G.Skill 2x 2GB DDR2 PC10000

HDD: Toshiba 160GB SATAII

GPU: Asus HD4850 EAH4850 TOP 512MB

Partitions:

TOSHIBA 160gb

1) OSX - 40GB

2) DATA - 120GB

Sandisk Cruzer 8gb

1) Mac OS X Install DVD (Snow Leopard Install DVD restored to this partition)

Western Digital 80gb (IDE, TURNED OFF)

1) DATA - 80gb

Turned off my IDE harddrive to make sure it wont cause any problems.

How I installed:

I started off with installing iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 to a secondary partition to get a working mac os x environment to screw around with. Recovered Snow Leopard dmg to USB stick, and patched it with MyHack 1.1.0 to make it bootable.

Installed OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.0 from the USB stick. Was able to boot with -x -v afterwards, without any gfx support (couldnt change res, was stuck at 1360x768 etc).

I updated to 10.6.6 to get all updates including the graphics update. Afterwards, added the devid off my gpu to ATI4800Controller.kext and GraphicsEnabler=yes to my boot.plist. I restarted, and found my screen turned off. Connecting my second screen fixed this, yet my system only displayed on my main display.

Now I am using OS X 10.6.6 with (I think, how can I check this?) full QE/CI support and changeable resolution, on a DVI screen. My second monitor is connected to my second DVI port, through a DVI->VGA connector. This screen wont be detected and does not display anything.

I have tried numerous things, and couldnt get my second screen to work. I am currently using this package: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...405&st=160#

Using EvoEnabler turned my screen black and garbled all over on boot. Any help is very much appreciated!