HELP! I screwed up big time

badabing88

5 posts in this topic

I can't get my video card to work so ive been messing with it and i was reading to try installing drivers for a ati hd2400 so i was adding the device with efi studio and had it set it in .apple.boot.plist. when i reboot it goes bright white for a few seconds and then the computer restarts. is there a way through windows (my other hard drive) i can edit the boot.plist and reverse what i did in efi studio. i dont want to re install from scratch ive gotten too far

any help would be very very apprciated

I can't get my video card to work so ive been messing with it and i was reading to try installing drivers for a ati hd2400 so i was adding the device with efi studio and had it set it in .apple.boot.plist. when i reboot it goes bright white for a few seconds and then the computer restarts. is there a way through windows (my other hard drive) i can edit the boot.plist and reverse what i did in efi studio. i dont want to re install from scratch ive gotten too far

any help would be very very apprciated

transmac 15 day limit in trial mode

macdrive Careful!

Boot off the osx install dvd or what ever you used to install osx. When you see the top menu bar choose terminal then edit your Boot.plist in /Volumns/<your osx hdd>/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist save the file then exit the installer. You can use this method to remove troublesome kext's as well

Boot off the osx install dvd or what ever you used to install osx. When you see the top menu bar choose terminal then edit your Boot.plist in /Volumns/<your osx hdd>/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist save the file then exit the installer. You can use this method to remove troublesome kext's as well

[/quote

how do i go about editing it in terminal and how do i erase what efi studio put in i added radeon hd 2400 to the boot.plist

what exactly did it change? device id?

i just want to make sure i know what im doing before i go in terminal and mess things up even more

thanks