Getting the Atheros Driver to work

tanner

9 posts in this topic

Atheros 9287 (AR5b97) has been a struggle to me and I see that other forums are having trouble also. can someone please help me? modifying the IO80211famliy.kext but still nothing. The driver might need to be ported somehow ;) I know that Linux(Ubuntu) and Windows have a driver maybe crossover for mac might do it, possibly installing the windows driver with crossover or wine perhaps. Please help me with this thanks I will be also figuring it out myself if nobody wants to help :(

youre trying to swim up the river? AR9287 isnt supported in osx (yet if ever) ar9285 works since 10.6.5 (when it wants to).

my AR9281 isnt working properly . but was prior to 10.6.5.. ironic.

save yourself a headache and get a broadcom bcm94321mc

youre trying to swim up the river? AR9287 isnt supported in osx (yet if ever) ar9285 works since 10.6.5 (when it wants to).

my AR9281 isnt working properly . but was prior to 10.6.5.. ironic.

save yourself a headache and get a broadcom bcm94321mc

As dumb as it sounds I have no idea how to replace PCIe express cards, but I do have a card in my Dell inspiron e1505 that doesn't work. Can all express cards be replaced? and if so how do I? and I could also try with my Realtek 8188su usb dongle (8192)

As dumb as it sounds I have no idea how to replace PCIe express cards, but I do have a card in my Dell inspiron e1505 that doesn't work. Can all express cards be replaced? and if so how do I? and I could also try with my Realtek 8188su usb dongle (8192)

here u go.. remove keyboard first then you will see it

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...s.htm#wp1015787

(im ex dell tech)

Man dude thanks haha !

Sorry for double posting. Now I can't get Broadcom 4311 to work haha but this time the chance of it working is higher. My vendor Id is 14e4,4311 but it doesn't work. Confusing, it seems the older distros worked for me with this chip maybe I could extract the IO802Family.kext from the ones that worked (iAtkos v5i)

• 2 weeks later...
strange it should work. maybe u need "pin 20 tape trick"

Nvm got it working with a kext I found, someone edited a kext from chan nun and got it working. I will have wifi but heres another issue when I installed the kext(IOPCIFAMILY.kext) (Snow Leopard Vanilla Retail 10.6) strangely I get com.apple.??????.applefscompressiontypezlib successfully loaded and then it doesn't work. I have tried booting in safe mode but rarely does it work some of th commands I have tried that work are, -v -f arch=i386, -v cpus=1(only before I install the kext), -v -f -x cpus=1. For some reason the issue starts after I install the kext. Then again it could be that I forgot to patch my DSDT and also install Fakesmc. But the only way I can install the two is by booting safe mode. If that is the case. I am now trying Diskutility to try and Repair permissions via First Aid. I will give the news shortly...

Mannnn!!!! it worked repairing permissions, my guess is that the info.plists got messed up for the boot but I booted with -v cpus=1.

Wifi and all... thanks to you man thanks!!