Intel 915 Observation

theBishop

31 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After continuous test for make good working of my intel 915 in my osx86 (10.4.8 by jas) I arrived at two risults:

1. If i don't install driver my video work fine but i have acceleration (effect works slow, google heart work but i can see the weft of the world)

2. If I install driver (it's not different between driver of diablo or jas in the installation dvd) i must use a resistor of 100 ohm (it's good also of 75 ohm) between first and 12nd pin on my secondary monitor during the boot to make work my hackintosh, but anyway i have some problem about bad buffer of video (for example if i write in the address bar of firefox character appears not aligned), then i must enter to control panel and deactivate (each time) the secondary monitor

But i've discovered in windows using the command dxdiag that my video hasn't the acceleration of weft agp. Now, i don't know if this is a problem of my pc or intel 915 at 128 haven't all the acceleration. I suppose that if this thing is true (that this video card doesn't support acceleration) it' obvius that when we install driver that support this function pc have some problem to make work correctly video card.

May be a just hypothesis mine one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is this problem with the blue screen still valid in JaS 10.4.8? When exactly does it appear? I have a Samsung X20 with a 915GM/GSM/910GML (Ubuntu sysinfo) graphic card. After F8 and -v, without any difficulties I got to the point where I need to patition my drive. Does that mean my graphic card works or does the problem normally come up at a later stage? I don't feel like doing the hustle of connecting an external monitor - I don't have one handy. Some posts sound like all you need to do is attach the cable. No real monitor needed. Or maybe some special dummy cable?

Please help me out. Right now, it seems my only problem is my horribly formatted hard drive, so I wanted to check other issues, like the graphic card, before I start repartitioning my precious data.

I'd appreaciate any help from you guys.

Cheers

Martin