OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Fresh Install

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys =) I've read through this forum and others HEAPS and im still baffled by the processes of installing kexts and dsdts and everything else. Quite confused.

I have so far installed OSX onto a 1TB WD HDD, in a 50gb partition at the start of the drive (using GUID partition table), with the rest of the hard drive as a FAT partition. This is the stage I am currently at, having used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to run the OSX installation process (in safe mode).

My system specs are:

GA-X58A-UD7 rev2.0 Motherboard

Intel i7 950

6gb DDR3 Corsair RAM (3 x 2gb)

Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1gb OC edition

1 x 1TB WD HDD

1 x 2TB WD HDD

1 x 120gb OCZ Vertex II SSD

Can someone please explain to me what steps I am to take from this point on so that I can complete the installation process and have a functioning install of OSX? I would be very much appreciative of anyhelp at all!

Hey guys =) I've read through this forum and others HEAPS and im still baffled by the processes of installing kexts and dsdts and everything else. Quite confused.

I have so far installed OSX onto a 1TB WD HDD, in a 50gb partition at the start of the drive (using GUID partition table), with the rest of the hard drive as a FAT partition. This is the stage I am currently at, having used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to run the OSX installation process (in safe mode).

My system specs are:

GA-X58A-UD7 rev2.0 Motherboard

Intel i7 950

6gb DDR3 Corsair RAM (3 x 2gb)

Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1gb OC edition

1 x 1TB WD HDD

1 x 2TB WD HDD

1 x 120gb OCZ Vertex II SSD

Can someone please explain to me what steps I am to take from this point on so that I can complete the installation process and have a functioning install of OSX? I would be very much appreciative of anyhelp at all!

I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you since you haven't stated what's not working or which, if any installation guide you used. There's a great guide here if you are willing to start all over. Otherwise, we need more info on what's not working.

OK! I have installed everything now and its pretty much all working, including graphics card.

I just have no network ;) I tried installnig the R1000 thing that came with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to no avail..

This is the last piece of the fully function OSX puzzle! So Close!!

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html

I followed this guide correctly and installed the 'current' version of the driver.

It displays my network card in the Hardware overview, how ever when I plug the cable in it doesn't detect anything on the network! (the green light doesnt turn on, only an orange one)

I have no idea what could be wrong :/

Hangten, it turns out that Lnx2Mac had a fix buried in the RL8xxx thread @ tonymacx86 forums.. IT WORKED!!!!

TY so much for your help guys really appreciated!!!!!!!!! LOVING IT!!!! This is freakn awesome lol!

Is it worth me writing up a how-to guide on every step I took to set this up?

Hangten, it turns out that Lnx2Mac had a fix buried in the RL8xxx thread @ tonymacx86 forums.. IT WORKED!!!!

TY so much for your help guys really appreciated!!!!!!!!! LOVING IT!!!! This is freakn awesome lol!

Is it worth me writing up a how-to guide on every step I took to set this up?

Glad you got working and I think it is worth the time, especially for yourself, in case at a later time you have a need to reinstall, you know what you did :-)