Thinkpad Upgrade 10.6.4 to 10.6.6

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just upgraded my Thinkpad from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6. I replaced the SleepEnabler.kext in the Extra folder with the new one tailored for 10.6.6 with the pmVersions and all that before I upgraded/restarted. It booted up fine, everything seems to be fine, but then sleep problems popped up. It could sleep but it got the infamous "Error 0192" on boot-up. Sleep worked before on 10.6.4 without the Error 0192 perfectly fine, though multiple sleep-wake cycles seemed to make the system more unstable until it crashed.

I tried replacing the new SleepEnabler.kext with the old one and booting with the "pmVersion=21" flag but that did no good either.

I also noticed that my trackpad/trackpoint didn't work either. I had used ApplePS2Controller.

Looking at the verbose boot-up, it seems that "IOHIDSystem: Seize of ApplePS2Controller failed." (or was it ApplePS2Keyboard...i don't remember)

I tried VoodooPS2Controller, but that failed period. Didn't even work out of the box.

I have a clone backup of 10.6.4 to revert back to, but I really don't want to. This AppStore really is something.

Hi all,

I just upgraded my Thinkpad from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6. I replaced the SleepEnabler.kext in the Extra folder with the new one tailored for 10.6.6 with the pmVersions and all that before I upgraded/restarted. It booted up fine, everything seems to be fine, but then sleep problems popped up. It could sleep but it got the infamous "Error 0192" on boot-up. Sleep worked before on 10.6.4 without the Error 0192 perfectly fine, though multiple sleep-wake cycles seemed to make the system more unstable until it crashed.

I tried replacing the new SleepEnabler.kext with the old one and booting with the "pmVersion=21" flag but that did no good either.

I also noticed that my trackpad/trackpoint didn't work either. I had used ApplePS2Controller.

Looking at the verbose boot-up, it seems that "IOHIDSystem: Seize of ApplePS2Controller failed." (or was it ApplePS2Keyboard...i don't remember)

I tried VoodooPS2Controller, but that failed period. Didn't even work out of the box.

I have a clone backup of 10.6.4 to revert back to, but I really don't want to. This AppStore really is something.

Interesting.. I have a Lenovo n200 (I see some of the same issues as the thinkpads) and I am looking for a update or replacement to appleps2controller since I believe its causing me panics when scrolling in safari. I have a version of appleps2 from 10.6.2 that has not changed since but perhaps there needs to be an update to it. I also would love to get sleep working but this has always been a dream since mine just freezes when I try to sleep so i have given up on this for now or at least until other things are working better.

I also tried rolling back the IOUSBFamily.kext using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. That didn't work - in fact it caused my ApplePS2Controller.kext to start throwing visible error messages saying that there was an error in installation.

I reverted back to 10.6.4 for the time being, since I need my laptop fully functional tomorrow. When I get the chance, I'll try upgrading via Apple Software Update (I upgraded via a manually downloaded combo update earlier) and fully remove the SleepEnabler.kext before doing so rather than replacing it.

Looking at the verbose boot after I reverted, it picks up something via ApplePS2Trackpad. PS/2 has nothing to do with USB, whose kext Apple messes with in the update. So how does it get affected by the update? And in my experience, the ApplePS2Controller.kext enables both the trackpad AND the keyboard - yet when I updated, only the trackpad didn't work rather than both keyboard and trackpad not working. Very strange.