Atheros wifi card can't get an IP

coggy9

3 posts in this topic

I just updated to 10.6.6 and when I try to connect to my access point,OSX sets a self assigned IP and I can't get online. Using manual IP settings do not help. I am using the same manual IP settings I used while on Windows/Ubuntu,and they worked perfectly. Could someone help? I've been trying countless kexts trying to fix this. This is my only problem on my Hackintosh preventing me from using it. :D I don't know the model. If someone could tell me how to find it,I'll update this post with the info.

I just updated to 10.6.6 and when I try to connect to my access point,OSX sets a self assigned IP and I can't get online. Using manual IP settings do not help. I am using the same manual IP settings I used while on Windows/Ubuntu,and they worked perfectly. Could someone help? I've been trying countless kexts trying to fix this. This is my only problem on my Hackintosh preventing me from using it. :D I don't know the model. If someone could tell me how to find it,I'll update this post with the info.

Try changing the security settings on your wireless router to off to see if the card can connect.

Then try upgrading the security to WEP to see if the card can still connect.

For some reason, I ran into this problem when I upgraded my machine from 10.5.8 to 10.6...it could connect with WPA2-PSK security flawlessly in Leopard, but would self assign the IP and not access the internet with WPA2-PSK with 10.6. However downgrading my router security to WEP allowed it to start working again. Not sure why this is but it may be a snowleopard defect.