GA-G41MT-D3 - Sound and Sleep fails

BrushEatingGoat

12 posts in this topic

EDIT -- Reviving old thread cause I'm just lost! Start at Post #10.

First of all, thanks to everyone at this forum. I observed for a year or so just waiting for the day I build my own Hack, and here I am, typing from 10.6.2! :P

Through searching here, I'm up to the point where everything works except resuming from Suspend. From what I can tell, I can make it into Suspend, as everything powers down. When I try to wake, however, the HDD spins up, the CPU fan comes on, but nothing on the monitor. I end up having to reboot with the power button. I've found some threads relating to this issue, but no solid solutions come up, and it's not my specific hardware.

Here's what I have:

SnowOSX (10.6.2)

GA-G41MT-D3 (1.3)

E3300

1GB DDR3

IDE HDD and DVDrw

Geforce 8400GS (using DVI)

Patches:

-VoodooHDA.kext

-NVinject.kext

-Sleepenabler.kext

-Patched DSDT (for Checksum BIOS fix)

-Realtek's official driver for the 8100 ethernet.

BIOS is set to S3, HPET mode is 64bit. Startup and Shutdown work just fine.

Here it is. :)

use Snow Leopard retail

your files

BrushEatingGoat.zip

1- copy "Extra" folder to HD

2- Install Chameleon RC5

3- Reboot

use -v

copy AppleHda and Nvenabler to system/library/extensions

after

double click in kext utility

http://www.mediafire.com/?41279tilghd9zrq

wait

reboot

you do not need kext to restart, shutdown, sleep and others

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

"Fixs" in DSDT

OP REG LPCB

AZAL to HDEF

HDEF ALC888b

EHCI

HID/CID

HPET

IRQs(PIC, TMR, RTC, HPET)

LAN0

LPC

MCEH

REMOVE

RENAME

RTC

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

WAK

Welcome to the forum

Well, I figured out what to do with the kext (just realized I needed to copy it to Chameleon's Extras folder), and it now shows my audio device in the System profiler. However, I have no audio devices to chose from under system preferences. I included an image to show what it's detecting.

I see there's lots of people working on the ALC888 device, but there seems to be some debate over the best way to enable it. hmm.

audio.tiff

• 3 months later...

Hi BrushEatingGoat, I guess you found a solution for working audio in the meantime, but if you haven't: try the AzaliaAudio.pkg driver. It works fine for my GA-G41MT-D3 build.

BTW, how well does sleep work on your machine? I used the DSDT posted here and most of the time the system will sleep. But on wakeup, all components power up except the GPU (XFX Nvidia GT240 1GB DDR5). The display remains dark until I press the reset button (!) on my case. This powers up the GPU and the system wakes. However, sometimes it fails and the display stays dark even after pressing reset.

Edit: Sleep now works correctly for me, it seems the strange behaviour was caused by the TonyMac NVIDIA driver update (also made the system freeze and KP regularly). I reinstalled the 10.6.7 combo update and this fixed sleep and the freezes.

Well, I figured out what to do with the kext (just realized I needed to copy it to Chameleon's Extras folder), and it now shows my audio device in the System profiler. However, I have no audio devices to chose from under system preferences. I included an image to show what it's detecting.

I see there's lots of people working on the ALC888 device, but there seems to be some debate over the best way to enable it. hmm.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"The fact is I own the same G41MT-D3 board, and I can't make the soundcard (ALC888b model according to the manual) work.

I've tryed all the solutions you suggested in the answers, but none of them has worked to me: Or any audio controller can't be found or a continuous beep is heard in the speakers, or nothing can be heard. Have you got any other idea about what else can I try?

I've tryed several clean instalations, trying the different solutions, but none of them has worked. Now, I have Mac OSX 10.6.2 and 10.6.8 installed, and in both of them audio doesn't work.

Thanks for your help"