Ethernet help! greyed out..

kogepan

20 posts in this topic

ok ive searched alot of posts and tried all the solution that ive found, but my ethernet is still greyed out. I have a Toshiba lappy. My ethernet vender id is 0x10928086. I added the id into networking family etc etc, but it'still greyed out. I dunno wha to do any help would be great! im running 10.4.6

Just to be sure, you added your vendor/device id to the following:

IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist

In System/Library you deleted the Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext

You repaired permissions on your OSX partition.

Reboot <== added

ok ive tried deleted those 2 files, repaired, reboot. But after i reboot the files showed up again!! And the ethernet is still greyed out.

btw my Built in firewire is enabled, but i dun have any firewire port on my lappy. The ethernet option was always there but just greyed out even be4 i added my vendor id.

;)

i guess not? im not an expert at all when it comes to Mac. After i install 10.4.6 i left it alone for a while. then the past few days ive been readin up on configuring the ethernet to work. The ethernet option was always there but greyed out. How do i configure it?

I have the same problem I used to had my intel integrated nic working, now since I installed the new kext located in 10.4.7, now I don't have my NIC working anymore, where is located the networkinterfaces.plist?

Guest BuildSmart

The problem is that whoever did the 10.4.7 Network driver didn't do it properly and it's incomplete.

Compare the one from 10.4.6 and you'll see what I mean.