XFX 680i SLI - 90% working please help

mediamac

17 posts in this topic

So here is my system spec

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit , Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.8 32bit

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11

Processor Count: 4

RAM: 2046 Mb

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT , 512 Mb

Hard Drives: 2

Motherboard: XFX , XFX Nforce 680i LT, 1, 1

I have succesfully installed snowleo 10.6.2 and i got some problems

First the boot takes around 60 seconds

My LG GH22NS50 is not reading or writing any DVD's it just say you have inserted a blank DVD after some time inserting and DVD.

Sleep is not working.The monitor sleeps and i can see the cpu still running.All i have to do is restart it.

Please let me know what are all the kext involved in these.I need DVD and sleep to work as my boot takes long time.

Help me!

So here is my system spec

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit , Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.8 32bit

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11

Processor Count: 4

RAM: 2046 Mb

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT , 512 Mb

Hard Drives: 2

Motherboard: XFX , XFX Nforce 680i LT, 1, 1

I have succesfully installed snowleo 10.6.2 and i got some problems

First the boot takes around 60 seconds

My LG GH22NS50 is not reading or writing any DVD's it just say you have inserted a blank DVD after some time inserting and DVD.

Sleep is not working.The monitor sleeps and i can see the cpu still running.All i have to do is restart it.

Please let me know what are all the kext involved in these.I need DVD and sleep to work as my boot takes long time.

Help me!

Look this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=238159&hl=

Yes i tried it today and the specifications are changed as superdrive but the problem remains same.The DVD still blinking.May be i could try the IDE DVD as said here.

But any help why the sleep not working and about the long boot (about 60 seconds).

Yes i tried it today and the specifications are changed as superdrive but the problem remains same.The DVD still blinking.May be i could try the IDE DVD as said here.

But any help why the sleep not working and about the long boot (about 60 seconds).

Sleep does not work on nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs from my own experience after 10.5.6 and not when the CPU and/or RAM are OC'd.......no working sleep function is reported by others too........

Jumper-set and connect your IDE DVDRW as Master to your MOBO using a 80-wire IDE cable......

As for speeding up boot times........see post #1 Part K Item 3. in my nForce Retail Snow Leopard Install Guide........... :rolleyes:

Sleep does not work on nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs from my own experience after 10.5.6 and not when the CPU and/or RAM are OC'd.......no working sleep function is reported by others too........

Jumper-set and connect your IDE DVDRW as Master to your MOBO using a 80-wire IDE cable......

As for speeding up boot times........see post #1 Part K Item 3. in my nForce Retail Snow Leopard Install Guide........... :rolleyes:

Quite a lengthy guide and i really appreciate your effort.

On some other forum i came to know that DSDT can fix the GH22S50 writing issue and after reading the DSDT guide i do not know how to use DSDT patcher.

For slow boot i am looking on your guide now!

Thanks again.

BTW i got 2 sata drives and one IDE DVD-ROM which is set to master and one SATA DVD-RAM which is not usable (cannot read or write).Is there anything with this setup?

Quite a lengthy guide and i really appreciate your effort.

On some other forum i came to know that DSDT can fix the GH22S50 writing issue and after reading the DSDT guide i do not know how to use DSDT patcher.

For slow boot i am looking on your guide now!

Thanks again.

Have you seen DSDTE.......? It is a simple DSDT patcher........

Ok i got that tool installed and i am sure i do not know anything about that DSDT files inside there.If i mess and edit any will i get any kernel panic?Because i am trying to install all distros so far i got kalyway,iatkos,ipc,snowleo.Each one have any problems.Now at least i got these 3 problems only.

But i need the DVD-RAM to be fixed because i have something to burn on DVD.

I came across this DSDT

Device (SATA)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)

OperationRegion (PCI, PCI_Config, 0x40, 0x20)

Device (PRIM)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Device (DRV0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

}

Device (DRV1)

{

Name (_ADR, One)

}

}

Device (SECD)

{

Name (_ADR, One)

Device (DRV0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

}

Device (DRV1)

{

Name (_ADR, One)

}

}

}

I dont know how to patch with this DSDT.I have looked into dsdt.aml and dsdt.dsl using the ipc DSDT Gui patcher.I could not find the device (SATA).Am i doing something wrong?

Or can i use the EVOdsdtse and execute ?

Have you seen DSDTE.......? It is a simple DSDT patcher........

This tool is really nice and it is easy to understand for newbies like me.

Now i thought of doing this it has some fixed drop down like AHCI SATA fix.So if i go ahead and copy paste this DSDT into the SATA section of the default DSDT.aml will i able to burn DVD? Just very curious as this operation took me a year and i am still not fixed :rolleyes:

Now i solved slow boot using this kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...138460&st=0.

Now it takes only 38 seconds and its fast also.

This forum is better than apple discussion forum i think.You guys are really helpful.The other 2 issues (sleep and sata burning ) will never been tested and i know it will not work on 680i sli as so far no one has succeeded.But i want to let you know that using kalyway 10.5 i have sleep worked fine and i dont know how.

Now i solved slow boot using this kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...138460&st=0.

Now it takes only 38 seconds and its fast also.

This forum is better than apple discussion forum i think.You guys are really helpful.The other 2 issues (sleep and sata burning ) will never been tested and i know it will not work on 680i sli as so far no one has succeeded.But i want to let you know that using kalyway 10.5 i have sleep worked fine and i dont know how.

As indicated in my earlier post, on a non-OC'd system, I found that sleep worked for all versions from 10.5.1 up to and including 10.5.6.........but stopped working for me from 10.5.7 onwards..........

As indicated in my earlier post, on a non-OC'd system, I found that sleep worked for all versions from 10.5.1 up to and including 10.5.6.........but stopped working for me from 10.5.7 onwards..........

One question as you said SATA burning will not work on nforce boards can i use SATA to IDE or USB converters? will it work 100% because i dont want to dump this drive.

Thanks.

One question as you said SATA burning will not work on nforce boards can i use SATA to IDE or USB converters? will it work 100% because i dont want to dump this drive.

Thanks.

That I do not know since not all SATA/IDE bridges are the same.......not all may support ATAPI Optical Storage devices such as CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, etc.

A simpler approach may be to use the SATA DVDRW in an external USB 2.0 enclosure.......

If your MOBO has both JMicron and nForce SATA ports, the SATA DVDRW may work on the JMicron SATA port using a JMicron JMBxx.kext.......

That I do not know since not all SATA/IDE bridges are the same.......not all may support ATAPI Optical Storage devices such as CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, etc.

A simpler approach may be to use the SATA DVDRW in an external USB 2.0 enclosure.......

If your MOBO has both JMicron and nForce SATA ports, the SATA DVDRW may work on the JMicron SATA port using a JMicron JMBxx.kext.......

Many thanks for taking time to reply.

You said Jmicron port.My motherboard is XFX 680i sli and where can i find the jmicron port or find it is having one?

I searched this forum as many have troubles with SATA dvd burning.

Many thanks for taking time to reply.

You said Jmicron port.My motherboard is XFX 680i sli and where can i find the jmicron port or find it is having one?

I searched this forum as many have troubles with SATA dvd burning.

It probably does not have a JMicron controller onboard.......but check by installing and running DPCIManager........

It probably does not have a JMicron controller onboard.......but check by installing and running DPCIManager........

As you said i think it does not have Jmicron.So what shall i do purchase IDE burner or external USB converter.I have attached the screenshot of the DPCI manager.

Thanks.

post-574015-1294152782_thumb.png

As you said i think it does not have Jmicron.So what shall i do purchase IDE burner or external USB converter.I have attached the screenshot of the DPCI manager.

Thanks.

I would purchase a IDE DVDRW to put in the PC now and an external USB enclosure for the SATA DVDRW whenever you want later on.......but the choice is yours......

I would purchase a IDE DVDRW to put in the PC now and an external USB enclosure for the SATA DVDRW whenever you want later on.......but the choice is yours......

Many many thanks buddy.You have helped me to the extreme.I go for the IDE as of now.