KP's like never before.

FakeSteez

3 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago, I had my first kernel panic while watching a youtube video. That was my very first KP. The next week, I another two KP's while watching videos on Hulu and Youtube. Now, I can't boot up my hackintosh without receiving a KP. It's definitely a software issue because now I have to boot OSX from my Empire EFI disk and I haven't crashed in a few hours. This is seriously driving me crazy. I have some work due on monday and it would be VERY nice if I could have it back up and running before new years... Also, I can't locate any of the logs, but the causes (dependencies) have been:

Geforce.kext

NVDResman.kext

IONDRVsupport.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

IOGraphicsFamily.kext

Thats the first kind of KP I get, which I believe is caused by my GT240 even though I've had a successful hackintosh running for about 3 months.

The second KP I got was "mds" related. But I believe that spotlight is the culprit.

Other various KP's involve Kernel_Task.

What should I do? Reinstalling is NOT an option because the time it would take to get back all of my applications would interfere with my work.

It's definitely a graphics issue. Have you updated recently? Modified something? I seriously doubt it did something like this on it's own, something modified something. I would maybe try reinstalling the kernel extensions with fresh ones.

How would I go about doing that?