Slow Boot Time

Super_Saxy

3 posts in this topic

Hey,

I built a Hackintosh a year ago, following the Lifehacker guide. Everything went fine, and the Hack has been running great since then. Two days ago, I installed Windows 7 on my second hard drive. In order to do that, I had to unplug my primary HDD inside the case, and tweak some of the bios settings. Once Windows 7 was successfully installed, I returned the bios settings exactly back to the way they were and plugged the primary HDD back in. Now, my boot time has increased from around 40 seconds to 3-4 minutes. My settings are exactly the way they were before installing Windows 7 on the second HDD. I've tried enabling quick boot in the BIOS and it didn't help at all. I also have all the same USB devices plugged in as before when I was getting 40 second boot times. Basically, the only thing that is different now is the Windows 7 HDD. Is there something I can do to reduce my boot time back to what it was? Or is adding the Windows 7 HDD the culprit?

-Greg

I followed this build exactly.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09/how-t...tart-to-finish/

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09/insta...cking-required/

To be honest, I'm not sure what kexts its using. I chose this build because I needed a Hackintosh for my family to use. All the kexts were pre packaged in a zip file by lifehacker for this build.