Kernel Panic with Graphics Enabler Enabled.

pieceofpaper

5 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I'm currently experiencing mixed success with my installation of Iatkos S3v2. My hardware is as follows:

MoBo: Asus p7p55d-e

CPU: Intel core i5-760

GFX: XFX GeForce 6800XT

Along 2x HDD's on SATA, one DVD-RW on sata, and another DVD-RW on IDE, using the JMicron controller.

Install went fine, currently using the vanilla kernel, booting with the busratio=22 kernel flag.

All my hardware seems to be functioning correctly, however, I don't seem to be able to enable Graphics Acceleration at all. I've tried various methods, including editing kexts, using enablers, etc.

So I did a clean install, because my previous attempts were in a somewhat sleep-deprived state! Selecting drivers for my hardware, and also the Chameleon Bootloader, and the Graphics Enabler option.

However, when I booted, this simply froze. So I booted into Windows, removed the Graphics enabler option, and rebooted, this booted successfully, and I was able to boot to OSX, and install the 10.6.4 combo update.

This is about where I stand at the moment really, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Dave

ok ... so booting with "arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v"

now I get "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out.

do I still need to edit my GeForce Kexts to include the device Id's? Or maybe install a different driver for ACPI?