POWERCOLOR HD4850 512 NOT WORK BLENK SCREN HLEP PLEZ!

ROSO

23 posts in this topic

Did you seriously make this topic without reading the dozens of 4850 threads that I have already posted solutions to? Honestly I've explained and others have also on how to get it working just go visit one of the many threads that are already in the ATI section I'm not going to reluctantly post another solution in another thread again.

PM me I'll give you the files that you need because I have a 4850 with the same exact ports that you have and my card is woking fully via the DVI port only.

Thank you very much hope it will help me I've been going crazy. You can send me an email? roeiasrf@Gmail.com or give me a link? And explanation. I have cable dvi + hdmi and vga to vga and ican buy hdmi cable if it will help me thanks again bro

Another little thing which bootlaoder you start the pc? I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from the cd to laod my pc camelon rc4 it ok?

PM me I'll give you the files that you need because I have a 4850 with the same exact ports that you have and my card is woking fully via the DVI port only.

Laughing Out Loud, wow! I even directed someone to your post on that like here :rolleyes:

lol you can always redirect them to me because the way I got my card working is a breeze and that person sent to me got his card working also. 8)

I'm gonna have to email you the files probably later tonight (my time) because I'm typing from my iPhone atm because I'm not home but as soon as I get back I'll send you the files don't worry.

lol you can always redirect them to me because the way I got my card working is a breeze and that person sent to me got his card working also. 8)

I'm gonna have to email you the files probably later tonight (my time) because I'm typing from my iPhone atm because I'm not home but as soon as I get back I'll send you the files don't worry.

ok tanks man :wacko:

yeah so I attached the files that you need just follow the readme inside and you'll have your QE working via the DVI (don't know why it shows as a 4830 in the sys prof but that's just a cosmetic issue I don't mind) and as for the other 2 ports I'm yet to find a solution in getting them to send a signal to my monitor or tv

4830_DVI_VGA_HDMI_SL_10.6.zip

Like before my card is not working well now except that only my vga work and can change resolution but only one works 1024x768 I choose something else I have no singl .. Dvi port no longer works I have no singl . I think ihave different card I have the kext of powecolor 512 to work

the vendor ID might be the only thing that will differ but as far as I know, the installers along with the kexts has the IDs for every 4850 if I recall so it should work with your own also.

Just post your ven and dev IDs just to make sure that's what we're dealing with.

the vendor ID might be the only thing that will differ but as far as I know, the installers along with the kexts has the IDs for every 4850 if I recall so it should work with your own also.

Just post your ven and dev IDs just to make sure that's what we're dealing with.

THIS IS ALL THE DETAILES FROM MAC AND OSX

ATI Radeon 4850 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 4850 Series

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB " MY CARD IS 512 NOT 256 LIKE IT SHOW ON MAC"

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9442

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

pci card

ATI Radeon 4850 Series:

Name: ATY,Motmot

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1787

Subsystem ID: 0x2266

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

IN WINDOS

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9442&SUBSYS_22661787&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9442&SUBSYS_22661787

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9442&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9442&CC_0300

yeah your ID's are exactly that of mine also

what version of os x are you running

IHAVE OSX SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.3 AND UPDATE COMBO TO 10.6.5

BAT YOU DONT HAVE POWERCOOLR Maybe that's why there is a difference ?

I have no problem doing my REMOUE control with my computer if you want to come see and test my pc and grphic card

no I have a sapphire c4850 but my ports are exactly the same as yours and our IDs match also so I don't see as to why it isn't working for you.

You are using your dvi connector right?

YES IAM USING DVI PORT BAT WHIT DVI TO HDMI CABLE ... :(

You said that VGA does not work for you but for me it works so I guess it's really a different card

yeah it would seem our cards has it's slight differences... Maybe you could try out kaybl's bootloader and see if it changes anything for you or a possible DSDT fix (not sure exactly if that would entirely fix the issue)

I give up I do not think it will work with this card will upgrade the POWERCOOLR Maybe you have another card on the recommendation of the 4850 class card or drop better than working with 450 power supply? Works 100% with Snow Leopard?

yeah so I attached the files that you need just follow the readme inside and you'll have your QE working via the DVI (don't know why it shows as a 4830 in the sys prof but that's just a cosmetic issue I don't mind) and as for the other 2 ports I'm yet to find a solution in getting them to send a signal to my monitor or tv

ok I got good news + hdmi cable hdmi resolution now works for me now I can change more than 720p resolution. But how do I get to qe / ci works? icant see front row and effects of water on dashboard I'm working on 10.6.5 you have files for this version? Thanks for any help

This is what appears to me now

ATI Radeon HD 4830:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4830

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Displays:

LG TV:

Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

Display Connector:

if you really want to stay in the 4850's then I'd suggest getting a dual dvi 4850 with a brand like sapphire or gigabyte if they still have theme in stock

ok I got good news + hdmi cable hdmi resolution now works for me now I can change more than 720p resolution. But how do I get to qe / ci works? icant see front row and effects of water on dashboard I'm working on 10.6.5 you have files for this version? Thanks for any help

This is what appears to me now

ATI Radeon HD 4830:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4830

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Displays:

LG TV:

Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

Display Connector:

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Everything works I finally did a new installation I installed the kext multibest ati8xxx and enabler of this is finally all working crazy Thanks for your help

Probably what he needed was a cable hdmi Thank you for your help