turn display off

jl_06

7 posts in this topic

Its really preety easy.

Go to System Preferences > expose, and set for some corner to Put display to sleep.

now, when you move your mouse to that corner, at anytime, display will turn off, while computer itself keeps running, as if it didn't notice anything.

My setup for expose is:

top left: "None"

bottom left: "Desktop"

top right: "All Windows"

bottom right: "Put Display to sleep"

and im using MacBook, so its a really good setup for laptops, as soon as you get used to it.

also, you should think about moving your dock to left or right side of screen, to get the maximum out of display height, since its a netbook = small display.

The above works perfectly fine here.

I was wondering if there is a way to set the display to turn off after a time of idle time.

System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Display Sleep.

also, you should think about moving your dock to left or right side of screen, to get the maximum out of display height

Alternatively, set the dock to auto-hide. Apple Menu -> Dock -> Turn Hiding On

Also, your avatar = ;)

First thing i did was try to do it with energy savings. But my computers display wont turn off. Instead when it is suppose to turn off i get a still screen (it looks like a screen caputre) then when i move the cursor everything refreshes. Anybody got any ideas.