amye

5 posts in this topic

This is my hardware:

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E

Processor: Core i7 870 2.93 ghz (Socket: LGA 1156) 8mb cache, 8 threads

Video Card: Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR3

Power Supply: 600 watts

I am beginning to believe that I don't have the right hardware. I have tried different versions of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Empire EFI and Nawcom. They all give the same error that nobody has an answer to. I can't even get to the install screen. I'm am trying to install Mac OS X 10.6.3.

I have used:

-x

-v arch=i386 cpus=1 maxmem=2048

-v busratio=22 maxmem=2048

-v cpus=1 busratio=22 maxmem=2048

-v -f cpus=1 busratio=22 maxmem=2048

But no luck whats so ever.

iATKOS.jpg

Your Graphics card is going to stop you dead in your tracks unless you get the correct boot loader that engages your card. Searching through iATKOS as you can see the support is not there.

You see the Nvidia updated drivers need to be installed also and thats of recent 10.6.5

Options use single user mode and move the correct boot into place.

Or use another running Mac (hackintosh, friends Mac, VMware OS X) to get your install configured correctly with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or Myhack.

Think it through, still possible just clearer planning is needed.

Thanks, but I would prefer to install the retail dvd. Would iAtkos be my only option?

You loose nothing by trying iATKOS S3 v2 Install DVD, since the easiest way (speaking personally) to sort out a full Retail install would be to boot from the iATKOS S3 v2 Install DVD using -v busratio=22 and use its Disk Utility to partition your HDD into two GPT volumes.....then install OS X using the iATKOS Installer [following this guide] onto the back-end volume.......then use this working OS X SL system to sort out everything you need for a full Retail OS X install onto the front-end volume......then once the Retail OS X system is running 100%, you can either keep the iATKOS system a "safety backup" (recommended just in case future system updates make your Retail OS X system non-working), or delete it and then resize the Retail OS X volume into the space formerly occupied by the iATKOS OS X system......