Help with trackpad / touchpad sensitivity on Dell d820

tyrantakat

1 post in this topic

Hello, I successfully installed iatkos s3 v2 on my dell lattitude d820 with 2 gigs of ram, 1.6 ghz core 2 duo. Works flawlessly with one exception, I can't get the trackpad sensitivity to decrease. My mouse is a little too sensitive unless I plug in an external usb mouse. (oh and I am having sleep issues, but oh well on those, I'm sure there's an easy fix. Also when my computer display goes to sleep I have to shut the lid of the laptop and open it back up for it to reappear.

I believe I have tried both kexts in the options menu on 2 different installations, voodoops2, and apple. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, when I updated to 10.6.5 I got a kernel panic, any suggestions here?

Side note: I currently slide the hard-drive out every time I want to run windows versus mac, I have 2 hard-drives, and simply leave the screws out and slide each one in with simplicity. I hope to one day dual boot; only reason why would be to use xp or windows 7 for my newsgroups programs, I haven't found any good mac ones that can download nearly as fast as my 1.8 mbps.

Cheers and many thanks people! Ty