Can I install Snow Leopard on a SCSI disk?

jmeier301

6 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I am (re)building my old computer. I have an Adaptec 29160N SCSI controller with a 36GB disk that I want to install Snow Leopard on. I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the retail OS X DVD, but can't seem to get past the grey Apple screen.

After [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] was done doing its thing, but before I swapped in the OSX DVD, I hit the down arrow and got a menu. One option was Verbose. I swapped, selected Verbose and got a few lines before the screen went black and got no DVD activity. I'm not sure it's even getting to read the OSX DVD.

Specs:

Asus P4C800 (Checks compatible)

P4 3.2GHz Northwood

2 GB RAM

ATi X1650 AGP graphics card (didn't see on HCL)

Adaptec 29160N

IBM 36 GB disk

Memorex SATA DVD-RW

I don't have a SATA drive in the machine. I was hoping to install on the SCSI drive.

I can't find much re: SCSI. I did find one guy that had SCSI in the machine, but installed to SATA. Can an install to SCSI be done?

Thanks for any help!

Joe

Not sure, kind of doubt it though. Would be nice though, with one of those ultra320 15k drives but then again with ssd drives who needs scsi anymore =/ They do have mac drivers for the device though so what your asking isnt quiiite out of the realm of possibilities. Much luck to you but I think a cheap sataII drive might be more of a viable option. For extreme performance SSD, they also use sataII/III standard.

Not sure, kind of doubt it though. Would be nice though, with one of those ultra320 15k drives but then again with ssd drives who needs scsi anymore =/ They do have mac drivers for the device though so what your asking isnt quiiite out of the realm of possibilities. Much luck to you but I think a cheap sataII drive might be more of a viable option. For extreme performance SSD, they also use sataII/III standard.

See possible solution here........ :)

That's PPC

There are apparently SCSI cards supported by snow on intel still I believe, but only very few (LSI cards IIRC)

Do...oh!

I read it too quickly........but here is an alternative.......or here......or here......