[SOLVED!] Intel i7 and Asrock P55 10.6.5

ozzzzysh

13 posts in this topic

First.. Here are my specs..

ASRock P55 PRO/USB3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I7870

4gb ddr3 ram

nVidia GeForce 9800gt 512mb vram

Sata cdrw/dvdrom drive (took it from my old Dell e521)

2 sata hdds 160gb and 250gb

1 ide hdd 300gb

Now.. When ever i try to boot to an osx86 cd it says press f8 for boot options.. after i just press enter it shows a little "/ | \ - / | \ -" thing spinning around for a few seconds.. and then my computer reboots.. I did -v and it shows a couple things loading but then it reboots.. Anyone have any ideas?.. This is a brand new computer so I'm willing to do like.. anything...

First.. Here are my specs..

ASRock P55 PRO/USB3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I7870

4gb ddr3 ram

nVidia GeForce 9800gt 512mb vram

Sata cdrw/dvdrom drive (took it from my old Dell e521)

2 sata hdds 160gb and 250gb

1 ide hdd 300gb

Now.. When ever i try to boot to an osx86 cd it says press f8 for boot options.. after i just press enter it shows a little "/ | \ - / | \ -" thing spinning around for a few seconds.. and then my computer reboots.. I did -v and it shows a couple things loading but then it reboots.. Anyone have any ideas?.. This is a brand new computer so I'm willing to do like.. anything...

Have you tried booting with -v busratio=22.......?

Have you tried booting with -v busratio=22.......?

Oh kay.. I found a solution similar... I used cpu=1 busratio=20 -v and I got some discs to boot.. I haven't tried busratio=22 yet.. i'll have to see if it makes a difference..

Now I'd love some help with installing.. I've seen a couple methods.. Retail with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].. And some other weird hacky methods.. I've tried installing SL with some random disk I labelled Snow Leo... It installed fine.. But wouldn't boot.. I tried booting with cpus=1 busratio=20 -v -f and it still wouldn't work.. I'm guessing I chose the wrong kexts.. I'd love to install retail but I don't have access to dual layer dvds or a Snow Leopard dvd.. Could anyone give me a little guidance as to a good way to approach this?.. My last computer was amd.. and I had it all figured out.. but this is intel.. I thought it would be easier.. Maybe I'm just dumb.. lol Thanks in advance for any help

Ignore my random "...." It's a stupid habit. Long storyy. lol

One problem I'm facing is the lack of a retail cd. I don't have any dvds that hold 6+gb. I can't use that method without one.. I'm assuming.

Well you need a working install or Mac, but that can be taken care of with simply using VMware in Windows with OS X to prepare a USB drive and the complete install as well no physical disc required.

Keep up the imagination and post back for further assistance either way.

Well you need a working install or Mac, but that can be taken care of with simply using VMware in Windows with OS X to prepare a USB drive and the complete install as well no physical disc required.

Keep up the imagination and post back for further assistance either way.

I'm am getting a retail dvd.. I'll write my findings here after I get it..

Edit: I'm using this guide to slim down my retail disc image.. My friend uploaded his image to his ftp and I downloaded it.. I'm using that guide to make it fit on my single layer dvd's.. And for anyone that needs that guide but only has windows, you can use TransMac to expand the retail dmg and then you can delete the things the guide tells you to.

Then you just compress it and burn it.. I hope. lol :lol:

My attempt to slim down the disc ended in failure.. lol I need os x to actually make it smaller. Looks like I'm about to get myself some dual layer dvds :P

Edit2: I managed to get iAtkos to install.. Everything works but the ethernet.. Still debugging.. I might make a small tutorial on how to get my setup running after I figure out this ethernet problem..

At last!! I finally have a fully working(as i know of..)Snow leopard installation on my Hac!

What I did.. (Will elaborate later.. I'm testing things out..)

Edit!: Fixed Ethernet!.. lol Updated my terrible little how to... lol

Set bios to ahci.. its in storage settings or something.. DO NOT SET THE SECOND SATA OPTION TO AHCI.. MAKES BOOT IMPOSSIBLE.. I left all my cpu settings as default.. mostly enabled..

I installed [iAtkos V2 S3 10.6.3 Intel Only] booting with the "busratio=22 -v" option when you press f8

booted up the install with "busratio=22 -f -v"

once I loaded in i didn't have ethernet.. or correct video.. so I installed the 10.6.5 upgrade dmg downloaded from apples site [NOT THROUGH THE AUTO UPDATER!]

I installed that but didn't reboot... I REPEAT.. DON'T REBOOT AFTER THE INSTALLER FINISHES AND ASKS YOU TO...

After the installer finishes.. minimize it or something and run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].. Install the NVEnabler and the intel 81** kext.. Install Voodoo 2.61 too for better audio support... (NEW>)Download THIS awesome ethernet driver Lnx2Mac ported for us! Works with a lot of realtek chips.. Look at the page for details..(/NEW :D)

after the install finishes a window might pop up and say a new ethernet device was found.. let it work through setting up the new device.. then reboot when all is done.. You don't need to add "busratio=22" anymore.. I just let it boot.. After the reboot I had qe/ci but no ethernet.. My resolution wasn't correct.. so I went and changed it to my native res 1280x1024 and i got a blue screen.. Then i moved my invisible mouse all the way to the top left on the screen.. Clicked.. pressed up once.. and pressed enter twice slowly.. this logged me out.. and I had native res! now.. log back in.. then reboot.. After my reboot I had fully working ethernet.. And ever since everything has been working fine! I played some WoW to test my graphics card.. It works flawlessly..

Sometimes, ethernet won't work.. If this is the case.. Don't panic.. Just reboot.. Usually fixes it.. Shouldn't happen with the Lnx2Mac driver. :)

I'll go into more detail later.. Maybe add some pictures.. I need this tutorial for myself too.. I'll forget.. lol