Sleep on P5QL-Pro

strelok1911

5 posts in this topic

Ok, so I've been trying and trying and trying for literally years to get sleep working on this {censored}.

My setup is:

Asus P5QL-PRO

4GB RAM

Q9550 Stock Speeds

SATA DVD + HDD

9600GT

Now I have this in my /Extra/Extensions folder:

post-702590-1292144665_thumb.png

When I click sleep it just tries to go and sleep but it instantly restarts the HDD and corrupts the sound. (also the monitor goes dark for 2 seconds then back up).

Anything I should try?

• 7 months later...

mine works, but...

... if i do a restart or shutdown from any previous sleep, it shuts down the OS but the computer is still powered on.

restart or shutdown only works if the OS did not came from sleep during that session.

Well, my experience is different.

I have the same motherboard and I'm currently on Lion (same outcome on Snow Leopard though).

Without SleepEnabler.kext I get a kernelpanic! And with the extension my computer goes to sleep properly and even the monitor goes off! But when I resume, I have no graphics. What happens is that my graphics card (Radeon 4850) switches output to the other dvi-port, and I have no screen connected to that one so everything is just black. I am using a vga monitor and my graphics card can only output 1080p on one of the the two dvi-out ports using a dvi-vga adapter, so switching ports is not an option to keep my video.