SimplyBurns 416 updated for Snow Leopard (updated)

Andy Vandijck

7 posts in this topic

I rewrote the SimplyBurns project so it works optimized under Snow Leopard.

So far it works quite well :D

The app runs fast and stable for all the tests that I have done. :unsure:

Update: I replaced the deprecated QTKit metadata functions with taglib-1.6.3 library.

It now builds warning free and is capable of reading metadata of a lot more audio files, imports faster and it can also use the metadata gathered for 64bit. (this is the final revision)

Download (Binary, V2):

http://rapidshare.com/files/436534410/Simp...rns_SL_Rel2.zip

Download (Sources, V2):

http://rapidshare.com/files/436540927/Simp...416-SL_Rev2.zip

SimplyBurns_SL_Rel2.zip

Updated sources further to resolve deprecation issues

While thanking you for your time, Andy, and being jealous of your knowledge, would you mind not getting upset if I ask you what is SimplyBurns?!? Some info for us "lower-grade" Snow Leopard users? Are you referring to the Berlios project?

I thought that the software LiquidCD was a good alternative to Roxio Toast... Does it compare to SimplyBurns?

Cheers and thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
While thanking you for your time, Andy, and being jealous of your knowledge, would you mind not getting upset if I ask you what is SimplyBurns?!? Some info for us "lower-grade" Snow Leopard users? Are you referring to the Berlios project?

I thought that the software LiquidCD was a good alternative to Roxio Toast... Does it compare to SimplyBurns?

Cheers and thanks!

Yes but it only burns data/audio discs (not DVD movies, etc...).

Yep, it is an improved version of the Berlios project...

Dear Andy, I thought I'd give SimplyBurns a try. Here are my first quick findings:

1. Although I click on "Update Now" there is nothing happening and the last update check date remains as "Never". Should it not say "website not contacted warning" etc. if it's trying to contact the old website?

2. Please can you increase the horizontal size of the File System drop down list?

3. When I close the drive bay, I get a message "Transitioning" while trying to read the disc. Is this word, the most appropriate you think?

More importantly,

4. I had inserted in my DVD+R drive a disc that I had just burned with Roxio Toast 10.8 and the capacity that appears in SimplyBurns window is erroneous, like a biiiig crazy number. Even without the disc inserted, in Image Copy mode, the Disk Usage reports crazy.

5. Why does my drive descriptor have some garbage (?) text next to it, while it doesn't in the Drive Information window? I refer to the drive selector...

Thanks again!

PS: Greek text is translated awfully in some places (spelling mistakes, too) I would like to request to allow me to assist you :wacko: I am a professional in GUI design/adaptation/translation.

post-465152-1293666224_thumb.jpg

post-465152-1293666335_thumb.jpg