OSX 10.6.5 // Asus P5K PRO

elkoDesings

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

Ave been away for a while and decided to come back as i need a mac due to the course am doing at uni.

Mobile content development.

We are creating apps for mobile phones such as iphone.

I need a mac, but as money is limited as a student, i thought about installing osx on a pc.

Here are my spec.

CPU: Q6600

MOBO: ASUS P5K PRO 1303 Bios

GFX: ATI HD 4850

RAM: 2GB CORSAIR DOMINATORS

HDD : 1TB WD Green caviar

id like to install the latest version but i need some guidance which version to download and which kexts i need.

Id really appreciate if some one can help me out as i would be saving 1000£s.

I have skype and msn. to make things easier.

crystal-graphix

thanks

1: Installing os x on PC is a job in itself, if you're hoping to "just quickly" install it so you can get on with iPhone dev, you'll be disappointed.

2: In 20 hours you still haven't figured out how to boot with -v (verbose mode) ? I suggest more research.

3: For help and guides see pretty much the whole of the rest of this site, and google (or your favourite search engine).

The bottom line is that you have to do the work, all the information you need is there for the taking, but don't expect it to be quick, simple, or handed to you on a plate. How easy and how fast you achieve it is up to you.

I agree totally.

I Have found out many issued have occurred due to the Apple ATA.

And some i cant even make out what they are when i run -v mode.

i can log in using -x -v mode * safe mode *

but then i think the update to 10.6.5 combo messed up the usb keyboard and mouse as they are not working now.

I can install 10.5.2 pretty much works out of the box. But id like to update to the latest version.

Id just like to know what am doing wrong.. ill provide some screenes.

To show where am stuck..

Thanks.

1: Installing os x on PC is a job in itself, if you're hoping to "just quickly" install it so you can get on with iPhone dev, you'll be disappointed.

2: In 20 hours you still haven't figured out how to boot with -v (verbose mode) ? I suggest more research.

3: For help and guides see pretty much the whole of the rest of this site, and google (or your favourite search engine).

The bottom line is that you have to do the work, all the information you need is there for the taking, but don't expect it to be quick, simple, or handed to you on a plate. How easy and how fast you achieve it is up to you.