Is this PC Snow Leopard Compatible?

mbuckley2000

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Firstly, i'm new here and it's really great! Already got Leopard running on my crappy old computer thanks to a couple of tutorials =D

Anyways, i am planning on building a new Gaming PC on which i plan to dual boot Windows 7 and Snow Leopard. I'm just wondering whether the components i have chosen are compatible with Snow Leopard. If you can see any that won't work, would you mind suggesting a different one?

Here is my shopping basket:

• Coolermaster Elite 335 Case - Black
  • OCZ StealthXStream 2 500W Power Supply
  • Asus P7P55D-E Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7 860 2.80GHz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1156) – Retail
  • Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9)
  • HIS ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
  • Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM (HD103SJ)
  • Samsung SH-S223L/RSMN 22x DVD±RW SATA Lightscribe ReWriter (Beige/Black/Silver) - Retail

Thanks for your help in advance =D

Matt

Straight from the guidelines:

:( "Will my hardware work?"

Pretty meaningless question, forbidden by the forum staff guidelines. For your existing hardware, download a recent distribution or, better, buy a copy of Snow Leopard and try. Or search here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page You can also use the search engine, of course.

You can also google. Write the most relevant "part" of your hardware (normally your mobo. Or, if you have a laptop or a complete, branded desktop, its full name) + insanelymac (or "os x")-

Examples: "asus p5q insanelymac". "dell inspiron xx insanelymac".

My experience after finally finishing a build is that there is no magic bullet. There is a lot of reading and a lot of work to do. Get ready to keep finding and searching and reloading the OS until you get to know OSX innards better than a 20 year Mac user. If you do all that and are willing to put the time and effort, it should work.

Just so you know my system isn't that much different than what you are looking at (Asus P6 instead of P7) and I got it to work. Look for specific discussions on your mobo.

Yes. It is very compatible.

Use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and you should be good to go. (and I'm not mentioning the fact that you should already have a Snow Leopard retail DVD to install).