"Secondary IDE channel is disabled" Error

zaheerhassan

13 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have searched everywhere for this but still not being clear to me. bascially I have installed Snow OSx onto a partition on my head drive successfully but on boot getting a kernal panic that says "AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled".

I believe I have to add some code to my DSDT.aml file but how can i do this when I can not even access Snow Osx. I have Windows Xp dual boot that is working fine and have downloaded Transmac but that is only Read only for files.

SO my question how do i fix this kernal panic. I am actually a n00b on this and have spent hours trying to fix this. ?If you can explain in simple steps what i need to do to get a fix for this it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have searched everywhere for this but still not being clear to me. bascially I have installed Snow OSx onto a partition on my head drive successfully but on boot getting a kernal panic that says "AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled".

I believe I have to add some code to my DSDT.aml file but how can i do this when I can not even access Snow Osx. I have Windows Xp dual boot that is working fine and have downloaded Transmac but that is only Read only for files.

SO my question how do i fix this kernal panic. I am actually a n00b on this and have spent hours trying to fix this. ?If you can explain in simple steps what i need to do to get a fix for this it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

you know no one will help you without your spec

Hey highly appreciate that, thanks. however one last silly question, how do i overwrite my dsdt.aml file on the mac drive. Snow leopard is not loading, and im using transmac in windows which cannot write on mac files.

Thanks

use MacDrive or set TransMac to read and write