Install issue with my LCD

networkguy

3 posts in this topic

I am having an issue installing. I downloaded the patched generic install via p2p, and the md5 sig checked out ok. I burned it to dvd, and the dvd boots fine. After pressing F8, I'm placed at the darwin kernel passing command line. I have an LG Flatron L1730S, it is a native 1280x1024 display. When I type -v "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024". The system displays a few lines, and then attempts to enter 1024x768 @ 87Hz. My LCD then shows a message indicating that it does not support that refresh mode. I attempted to pass refresh parameters by typing "-v "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x16@75", the system still attmpted to change the resolution to 87Hz (my lcd supports 75Hz max)

Help!

Thanks all!

First post! :)

Trevor

Well, I seemed to have fixed it. I was using the SIS onboard video. I switched to my Nvidia 5800 (?) and got a bit further. However, my system just sits there and says "Still Waiting For Root Device", and does so for a very long time. One time I got to the grey apple screen, however, all disc activity stopped after awhile with the spinning wheel thing, and a crossed out circle appeared over the apple logo... Help!

"Still waiting for root device" is the most often cited error. In short, you probably have a problem with your IDE configuration. Not knowing anything about the rest of your hardware, it is impossible to say why you are failing to boot, but if you havent tried it already, put your harddrive as primar

y master, your dvd as slave & disable any further buses.

You should check that your machine is compatible or at least made up of the right parts.

Otherwise, read, read, read, the answers are out there, & if they're not.. well, welcome to the bleeding edge, you're pioneering! :-)