Ok New to OSX and kexting, Need some AUDIO Help please

5 posts in this topic

OK, so I am very excited to say I have a working copy of 10.4.6 installed on my frankenstien of a machine in which you can see the specifications below...I Hope.... I am trying to get my onboard audio for my Asus P5WD2 premium functioning, I have seen the posts for the 945 chipsets, seeing that this is the 955 chipset, I am pretty sure that many of these are the same hardware IDs. I was wondering if anyone with the same MOBO got the sound working and what changes did they have to make in order for it to work. Is there anything else that you can recomend I do to tweak the beast and make it run even smooter, although it seems to be very resoncive as it is. The only other questions I have, is, anyone got a 7800gtx to work yet with acceleration? Thank you all of your help, for I am a junior geek in linux/unix land.

Well the sound is working, 2 speakers and all out of the analogue outputs. I guess for a begger, I should be begging, but is there any way to have the digital outputs work? or not as of yet? Another thing, is the only way for the res to go up to say 1280x1024 is to install nvidia drivers? I have the NVDriverBeta2, however, I am somewhat lost as to the installation. Thank you again though for getting my sound functioning, it is Huge :blink: