Successful iDeneb install - but can't boot from disc again?

TrMako

3 posts in this topic

I was able to successfully install iDeneb 1.4 on my Inspiron 1545, but many things don't work. I didn't pick many customization options as I just wanted to see if the whole installation process would even finish. No working sound, ethernet, wireless, etc. so obviously, I want to try a re-install with more options selected.

How do I go about doing that again? I did the first install by booting from the iDeneb 1.4 iso image I put on a dvd. I can boot into the Mac OS every time, but I can't seem to ever boot from the DVD anymore. Pressing F12 to get into the Dell boot options and selecting CD/DVD drive works, but then it just boots normally, not from the DVD. Holding "C" like you would on a Mac to boot from a CD also just boots normally.

How do I get it to boot from the disc again? And is that the best way to re-install? Just reformat and go through the whole process again? Or can I just get back to those customization settings again and try different ones without having to redo the whole process?

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need more details.