[Help] Perfect Installation but motherboard total halt

M&Mes

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I'd first like to thank you all for evrything you wrote/write :-) You helpd me so much!

Ok, I'll explain my problem. I have an i7 on a MB Asus P7P55-M with Ati HD5750, and I decided to isntall OSx86. After 4 days and many, many, many hours of reading/searching/studing (I didn't know what a kext was :-P) I finally had my snow leopard working perfectly, with my ati 5750 fully working, with QE/CI also!

I was jumping around for happyness, when, after a reboot, my computer turned off and nothing more. Stop. Dead. I tried pushing the button, but no lights turned on and nothing happened.

I brought it to a techican and he told my that the motherboard was completly halt, and he had to "run off the condensers" (I dont know what's the english for it :-( ) and he told me not to use mac osx on my pc.

Have you ever heard something like that? Is it possible that with my motherboard I cant run osx86? During my tests, just a try before a got my hd5750 fully woring, i try a different dsdt, maybe was it that stopped my MB?

And another thing, I had my osx86 working perfectly for 3 days, the only problem was that I can'0t enable QE/CI of my videocard. In the EXACT moment I enabled them, the MB stopped itself.

Any ideas?

Sorry for my bad English ;-)

Well actually i don´t know a lot about OSX86 but i know a lot about PC´s. I don´t think that the OSX caused the MB fail^^ well there actually is something like Hardware-Viruses but it takes ages for it to destroy hardware parts (like writing and deleting all the time). From one to the other second... well maybe ^^

Well actually i don´t know a lot about OSX86 but i know a lot about PC´s. I don´t think that the OSX caused the MB fail^^ well there actually is something like Hardware-Viruses but it takes ages for it to destroy hardware parts (like writing and deleting all the time). From one to the other second... well maybe ^^

Thanks for answer ;-)

I think is an osx86 fault because, after unlocking the motherboard the first time, we run again the hd with osx86 and BAM, on reboot/halt, same problem again. And also the third time :-( Than I paid 50 euros and went home!!

But I'm pretty sure that I've done something wrong during my tring, and I really really want to try another fresh install of the OS before surrender to Win7 ;-) But first, I choose to ask here!