Snow Leopard Hackintosh

Dark-Star

5 posts in this topic

Hey all you fellow Hackintoshers. Total newbie here who tried using various tutorials and boot discs to no avail.

My system configuration is as follows:

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard

Nvidia Geforce GT 220

AMD Athlon X2 64 dual-core processor 4600+

1 GB RAM, Corsair brand. (don't know the speed right off)

Creative Sound Blaster Live! (for some special MIDI stuff)

Microsoft USB Trackball mouse

Z-Board USB gaming keyboard

Hard drive: 500GB SATA, currently partitioned to dual-boot between Windoze XP and Ubuntu.

Here's what I'm trying to do: install from a retail DVD of Mac OS X 10.6.2, on the space that is currently occupied by Linux, and then dual-boot between OSX and XP.

So far I haven't even been able to get to the install screen of OSX. Probably all my fault, but there it is. The hardware listed above is the bare minimum needed to get a working Hackintosh. LAN access is not needed - I don't usually take my good gaming rig out on the Internet (I use Ubuntu when I do) and LAN parties are sadly quite a rare event here. There's also a PCI add-in card running two optical drives on an IDE channel, but that is strictly a luxury item as far as this effort is concerned.

Need more system info on anything at all, just ask and I'll happily post it.

So where do I start?

Not working. I'm seeing error messages about ACHI and "restart fix not applied?" in the bootup process.

Managed to at least start the install DVD with nawcom's Mod CD, but it gets to a screen saying "Mac os X cannot be installed on this computer", and won't progress past that.

Would a blank HD help with that? I can scrounge up an old 40 or 80GB if it would.

Hey all you fellow Hackintoshers. Total newbie here who tried using various tutorials and boot discs to no avail.

My system configuration is as follows:

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard

Nvidia Geforce GT 220

AMD Athlon X2 64 dual-core processor 4600+

1 GB RAM, Corsair brand. (don't know the speed right off)

Creative Sound Blaster Live! (for some special MIDI stuff)

Microsoft USB Trackball mouse

Z-Board USB gaming keyboard

Hard drive: 500GB SATA, currently partitioned to dual-boot between Windoze XP and Ubuntu.

Here's what I'm trying to do: install from a retail DVD of Mac OS X 10.6.2, on the space that is currently occupied by Linux, and then dual-boot between OSX and XP.

So far I haven't even been able to get to the install screen of OSX. Probably all my fault, but there it is. The hardware listed above is the bare minimum needed to get a working Hackintosh. LAN access is not needed - I don't usually take my good gaming rig out on the Internet (I use Ubuntu when I do) and LAN parties are sadly quite a rare event here. There's also a PCI add-in card running two optical drives on an IDE channel, but that is strictly a luxury item as far as this effort is concerned.

Need more system info on anything at all, just ask and I'll happily post it.

So where do I start?

I have had good results using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] plus the retail OSX 10.6.3 DVD purchased from Apple or many other places for around $29. Here is a starting point.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html