olibook 810 & iAtkos s3 v2

liongera

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, i'm trying to install a hackintosh in this model of notebook.

I was able to go trough the installation process booting from the dvd with the mach_pcj kernel.

When the installation finished i rebooted the machine, and after deleting IOFireWirefamily.kext (that caused kernel panic) my note keep freezed in the gray wall with the apple and the spinning wheel, after a while the welcome song started but the screen didn't changed.

Then i rebooted in verbose mode to see if i can see any error and the last message was:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin :: start - waitForService(ResourceMatchingAppleIntelCpuPowerManagement) timed out

I think that the problem is with the vga kext because when i removed the AppleIntelGMA950.kext and the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.

But i can't change the resolution and of course the OS didn't recognize mi vga card.

In the installation menu the options that i checked were:

bootloader: anval bootloader

bootloader opts: graphic enabler and -pci1

patched: default

driver: checked everything in mainboard (except applehda in sound submenu)

vga: gma950 27a2

network wired: realtek 8139

This is a screen of SystemInfo:

systeminfo1.jpg

As you can see my vga is an 27a2 so i don't know why the kext isn't working.

If anyone can give me a hand it would be really apreciated :)

Thats the trouble with a "Distro", you don't know what it installs. For 10.6.0-10.6.5 (I assume your using Snow, you don't say) use vanilla Video kexts including vanilla framebuffer kext and use this simple DSDT editor http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205. This is very easy to use and the patches you need are DTGP & GMA950

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes u're right, i forgot to put that i was installing snow leopard 10.6.3 (that's the version that comes with iatkos s3 v2).

Where can i get vainilla kexts?, iguess that i'll be nedding

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

am i right?

Sorry if i should knew this kinda stuff but i'm completely newbie in this hackintosh world.

Also i'm gonna try to read what is DSDT before editing.

Thanks in advance.

Your lucky i had them handy.

OK DSDT is the best option but GMA950 will work in 10.6.3 & 40.6.4 with all vanilla kexts and the patched frame buffer included. You may get some mouse tearing in some applications eg office 2004-2008 and itunes 10, which is why I say DSDT is best, but the patched frame buffer works for Device ID: 0x2772 not sure about 0x27a2. Use kext Utility to install.untitled_folder_2.zipKext_Utility.zip

Ok so i've patched the dsdt and in system profile it recognizes as a gma950 but i have no acceleration and i can't change the resolution of the display, and if i install the vanilla kext's my notebook doesn't boot, it's just keep hanging in the same message that before:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin :: start - waitForService(ResourceMatchingAppleIntelCpuPowerManagement) timed out