Radeon HD5145 with OSX86?

WoodroweBones

1 post in this topic

I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro L650 with specs as follows:

Core i5 450M

4 GB RAM

Radeon HD5145

I've been trying for a couple days now to get iAtkos s3 v2 going on my laptop and think I've hit a snag with my video card.

Originally I was having issues with it rebooting immediately upon bootup after install. I was told to try different Kernels and after many many tries I discovered it had more to do with the bootloader than the Kernel. I'm now using the PC EFI bootloader and I OSX tries to boot and gets much farther than before (I get past the grey apple screen but then it goes black and there is intermittent HD activity but nothing ever loads). Its really starting to look like its my vid card that is limiting me as its not a very common card. I do believe it is a simple derivative of a more common card (4630 or something?) and was thinking I maybe just have to add a line or ID or something to a file?

I seem to very close but just cant get it that last little bit to actually boot into OSX. When I boot with -v it gets to DSMOS... and then just sits and waits