EVGA Nvidia gts 250 no qe/ci Iaktos s3 v2 mac os 10.6.5

eldest

20 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have no qe/ci but full resolution on both of my monitors hdmi/dvi on Mac OS X 10.6.5 with a eVGA Nvidia gts 250 graphics card. I tryed NvEnabler 64, aty_init, and nvinject non of them give me qe/ci. Also if i select screen saver tab in System Preferences it crashes on me and World of Warcraft crashes on me too. Please help! :D

Someone help please..

Have you tried Skyfluff's installer yet?

Bump.. Someone please help..

I assume that you inserted your graphics card Device ID into the Info.plist files of the NVDAResman.kext and the NVDANV50hal.kext when using the NVEnabler.kext (32bit/64bit).....?

Well first my graphics card gave blank screen after boot so i replaced GeForce.kext, NVDANV50hal.kext, NVDANV40hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext with the ones from OS X10.6.1. I tried inserting my device id in those files but i don't know if i did it right but it didn't work. I don't know whats wrong.. Also these random lines appear on my screen too. My device id is 0x061510de. If someone could insert it into the OS X 10.6.1 files that i listed I would appreciate it. Maybe that will work if the device ids are in there.

Well first my graphics card gave blank screen after boot so i replaced GeForce.kext, NVDANV50hal.kext, NVDANV40hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext with the ones from OS X10.6.1. I tried inserting my device id in those files but i don't know if i did it right but it didn't work. I don't know whats wrong.. Also these random lines appear on my screen too.

I suggest that you first try swapping your display connector to the other port on your graphics card and report back.......

I swapped my hdmi with vga and kept my dvi on my other monitor didn't do anything.

First try getting your GTS 250 card running with full CI/QE using just one monitor on DVI or VGA.....

First try getting your GTS 250 card running with full CI/QE using just one monitor on DVI or VGA.....

How do i get it working I'm asking :) Edit: I tryed unplugging one monitor and restarting and it didnt enable QE/CI..

EDIT 2: Just to give more info if this helps.. It works on 10.6.1 but when i upgraded to 10.6.5 it didnt work..

first, maybe your card is somehow not compatible. I had a 9800, that never worked. everyone else's did. something about it having 1xVGA+1xDVI and not 2xDVI. anyways

you could try making a dsdt for your motherboard and adding the graphics that way http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/adv...a-graphics.html

or.. boot with it plugged into one port (vga), if it dosn't work, unplug the vga with it still turned on and switch to dvi,

if no go, reboot with it plugged into dvi, when booted in swap to vga. keep changing it up. i think i remember someone advising something like this with my 9800. obviously i replaced it with a 2xDvi, no vga 250 because swapping cables, adding codes to kexts, and everything else didn;t work. when i put in my current card, it was like 1000% easier. so if you reach a point where nothing seems to work, it might not be your fault. the card might not be close enough to factory/apple specifications, maybe something was changed before production, different from what nvidias reference board had..

and if you do replace the card, get one that's known to work

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/ful...hics-cards.html

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...L_10.6.5#NVIDIA

also, you might want to put your entire system specs in your signature. makes future questions a lot easier to navigate for others

he meant, only have one thing plugged into the graphics card at one time. don't have anything more then one cable connected, until you get it to work

I swapped my hdmi with vga and kept my dvi on my other monitor didn't do anything.

no, don't use all three, or 2 of em.

only hdmi, or only dvi, or only vga

Bump can someone teamview me or add me on msn or both to help me with this..

I strongly recommend that you follow this thread to understand more about OS X and setting up GeForce GFX cards before messing about with your DSDT to insert graphics..........

From my Snow Leopard Retail Install Guide:

The 3 easiest methods for getting an nVidia graphics card working in Snow Leopard are as follows (easiest first).

1. Chameleon 2.0 GraphicsEnabler option via com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

2. Hexadecimal graphics string option via com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>"for example, 6c0200000100000001000000600200000d00000002010c.." </string>

where the graphics string is generated by EFIStudio v1.1 or OSx86Tools.....

3. NVEnabler injector kext, Injector kext, which enables TV-OUT and injects 2nd display operation very well......

The NVEnabler.kext (32bit/64bit) is not just another injector kext because it does on-the-fly ROM patching to give a more stable output configuration.......but you still need to insert your graphics card(s) Device ID into the Info.plist files of the NVDAResman.kext and the NVDANV40hal.kext or NVDANV50hal.kext (to see which of these kexts you need to modify to suit your graphics card(s), look at the list of Snow Leopard supported nVidia cards in post 1.......the older NVDANV30Hal, NVDANV20Hal and NVDANV10Hal kexts are not present in Snow Leopard.....).

Finally, if you are familiar with DSDT modding, you can choose to modify your DSDT.aml file with information on your NVCap values obtained via IORegistry Editor, which is the newest method but also the cleanest, most "vanilla" method because it is DSDT-based, rather than involving com.apple.Boot.plist changes, or using a non-vanilla kext.......

NOTE: The methods above are mutually exclusive......use only one.

The situation is a bit more complicated with the newer nVidia GeForce GTX and GTS series graphics cards ...... it may be necessary to insert the graphics card(s) Device ID directly into the appropriate vanilla kexts, as well as using a compatible enabler.....

exhaust all other options before going the dsdt route. it's super complicated. something I an not skilled enough to explain (I barely stumbled through it myself)

did you try the ideas verdant listed. also, you said you changed some of the nvidia kexts, swapped with 10.6.1. make sure you replaced them with the original, and like he listed above NOTE: The methods above are mutually exclusive......use only one at a time. Undo any changes you make before you try something different.

are you able to test with a friends graphics card?

I'm not able to get a friends graphics card. The problem is though if the 10.6.5 nvidia kexts are there I get a blank screen of death no matter what method I use... If the 10.6.1 kexts are the problem then I have no idea what to do to fix the blank screen after apple boot logo with the 10.6.5 kexts