• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
bofors

1U Server PSU in G5 case?

3 posts in this topic

be carefull with those PSU, the fan can become really noisy when it gets hot :-/

this is meant to work in isolated room no in a room ^^ i got 1 one those (220W), i used to have a P3 733 with a gforce 2 mx400 tv out in a small htpc case and the psu started to make quite some nosie after running for 1h (PC was warm so fan was at max speed)

also notice that the minimum efficienty of this one is 65% this min you're only sure to get 300W.

i'll recomend using a normal PSU and making more modding to make it fit because it could be pretty bad with 300w if you plan to use a recent 3D video card

i'll recomend using a normal PSU and making more modding to make it fit ...

Yes, I think I would rather buy a regular ATX PSU (they are much cheaper), remove the PSU guts from it's case and put them in the bottom/PSU compartment of the G5 case like TribesMan did with some extra 60mm fans:

PowerMac%20G5%2064.JPG