Safari hangups - vmware 7.1.3 + OSX 10.6.5

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

i've got snow leopard 10.6.5 installed in a vmware 7.1.3 host, which has been running fine. I think after one of the software updates something has happened to safari now, almost any site I browse to results in a spinning beach ball of death. I have to force quit safari then. Firefox working fine.

never had any problems before, been using this setup for many months.

anyone else seeing this? not sure if this is something I can fix with a .vmx tweak or some preference inside of osx itself. any help appreciated!

l5nEd.png

It seems to be the flash plugin. Go into Safari preferences on disable the Flash plugin. Flash also crashes Chrome in MacOSX Guest on VMware.

Hi guys,

i've got snow leopard 10.6.5 installed in a vmware 7.1.3 host, which has been running fine. I think after one of the software updates something has happened to safari now, almost any site I browse to results in a spinning beach ball of death. I have to force quit safari then. Firefox working fine.

never had any problems before, been using this setup for many months.

anyone else seeing this? not sure if this is something I can fix with a .vmx tweak or some preference inside of osx itself. any help appreciated!

l5nEd.png