(HELP) Quartz GL problem with gma 3150 under Snow Leopard 10.6.5,not availlable.

santob

7 posts in this topic

Hi 

I've got a new install on my new PC,my first one was Kalyway 10.5.2 ,

2 years ago...

I've got a problem,on my " HP Compaq cq-10" there's inside  a GMA 3150,and I know that QE doesn't work yet, but when I want to enable Quartz GL,  with Osx86tools , I've got that message:

" Can’t make "The domain/default pair of (com.apple.windowserver, QuartzGLEnabled) does not exist" into type boolean. (-1700) "

I've searched for some hours on the web,with working solution.

I've tried to install custom efi strings,enable it from the terminal,but with no success,maybe I'm not good...

If you could help me

:)

Ps:I'm there for every necessary answers,I've got time too.

Thanks

You cannot enable Quartz GL if you don't have QE/CI working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_Compositor#QuartzGL

Hi

Thanks for your quick response.

Before I read the whole page,I have to note that under Kalyway,on the same netbook,I HAD the quartz GL working,Activated with osx86tools,and availlable in "about this mac"...

So,maybe it's a wrong way...

EDIT:

I ran NBI 0.85 pre, my card is recognized in the "about mac" as my 3150 gma,but no GL...

I've readen that too on wiki:

QuartzGL (called Quartz 2D Extreme when it was introduced in Mac OS X Tiger) is GPU acceleration for the Quartz 2D API. As of Mac OS X Snow Leopard, it is still not enabled by default. However, it has been possible to enable it, using the Quartz Debug application included in the Apple Developer Tools. QuartzGL will be disabled once again upon quitting the Quartz Debug utility. A workaround is to force quit the Quartz Debug application, which will leave QuartzGL enabled system-wide.

All graphics cards capable of supporting Core Image also support QuartzGL.

"However, it has been possible to enable it, using the Quartz Debug application included in the Apple Developer Tools."

That's on wiki, but what does insanely mac says?

:D

Neither About this Mac or System Profiler will tell you if QuartzGL is enabled or not.

You've got your terms mixed up.

QuartzGL is not the same as Core Image and Quartz Extreme, read the Wikipedia article I linked to.

Applications that are programmed to take advantage of QuartzGL (2D OpenGL acceleration) will use it automatically, there is no point in forcing it on for everything, which is what that button in OSX86Tools does. It is the newbies "false hope" button.

Neither About this Mac or System Profiler will tell you if QuartzGL is enabled or not.

QuartzGL is not the same as Core Image and Quartz Extreme, read the Wikipedia article I linked to.

I know that: Quartz gl=2D

Quartz Extreme = so cool

But I ENABLED IT on Kalyway with the SAME NETBOOK,with a success message,restart or relogg,don't remember...

BUT now,under 10.6.5 I can't.

I've got the message like I sayd:

" Can’t make "The domain/default pair of (com.apple.windowserver, QuartzGLEnabled) does not exist" into type boolean. (-1700) "

I know I'm not an expert,but neither a newbie

I'm trying to tell you that "enabling" QuartzGL is meaningless.

If you have QE/CI working, QuartzGL is already available for apps that are programmed to use it.

If you don't have QE/CI, then you can't have QuartzGL.

Don't use OSX86Tools on Snow Leopard!

If you absolutely must pursue the myth that enabling QuartzGL will do anything for you, use the Quartz Debug Tools (refer to the Wikipedia article).